Sign in to follow this  

TTR50 smokes and no power

My son's 2008 TTR50 doesnt have any power, boggs down when giving it gas and smokes bad. What could be causing this? Will a carb rebuild fix it? Sorry guys, I am not much of a bike guy.

Thanks for any info!

did it run good before? we need more info. what let up to this?

Bogging could be plugged pilot or even a dirty air fliter. What color is the smoke? Probably time for a piston, ring and hone, or go one over bore. I'm just throwing stuff out there.

Bike ran fine before, ,my son was riding in a field and came by and said something is wrong.

Smoke is blue. I can put it on a milk crate and in first gear is boggs down, losses power and smokes.

I have the YES Yamaha Ext warranty on this bike, you think warranty will cover?

Thanks again guys!

Chances are it was laid down for a bit and oil got in the air box. Remove the filter and rinse with a small amount of gasoline to clean it up. My son has done this a few times, and it caused the same symptoms. Hopefully you've already fixed the problem yourself by now, but here's my 2 cents.

Good luck!

my guess, oil in airbox too... my sone done it many times... snip the the hose coming out of the air box... built in chain oiler... clean out filter/airbox and and change plug...