Sign in to follow this  

Suspension help (i think i got ripped off!)

I run a 2009 honda 450. I was not a big fan of the stock suspension so i felt it was necessary to have the whole suspension redone. I got this thing resprung for my weight and revalved. I run GNCC's and harescrambles. Here's the problem, this thing rocks me to the point i cant hold on anymore. I called the guy who built it for me and he gave me some set up tips but everything i try seems pointless. I have the high and low speed settings set all the way soft and this thing feels like a brick to me. I ran it on a indoor track this winter and it felt good but outdoor this thing is a total turd. i came across a section that made me feel like i was in a paint shaker and actually had to slow way down cause i was getting blurry vision. My question for you guys is what in your opinion did this guy give me that is so wrong (springs or valves or both) and should i take this thing back to him and tell him to start over or should i just go with another company and drop another 1,100 bucks.

heres the kicker, im a b class rider that weighs 220 pounds and i can tell you i was faster on the stock setup.

take ur suspension up to russ williams, he is in PA, in lamont furnace PA, right next to uniontown. he owns/runs DGS suspesnion and he didn mine off my 09 kx250f and i havent got a chance to ride but i trust him to say it is good, all my friend who are B+ riders run hisn supension and they are very pleased. they also run harescrambles so thats a plus. give him a ring, hes really good about prices also.

DGS- 1-724-438-7711-russ.

My question for you guys is what in your opinion did this guy give me that is so wrong (springs or valves or both) and should i take this thing back to him and tell him to start over or should i just go with another company and drop another 1,100 bucks.

QUOTE]

My question is why would a B class rider spend $1100 in the 1st place? You should of gotten it right plus at least a service down the road for that kind of $$.

I'd give him one more chance and meet him at a track to let him try and dial it in since you already spent so much and if not then like they said call Russ.

doc

My question for you guys is what in your opinion did this guy give me that is so wrong (springs or valves or both) and should i take this thing back to him and tell him to start over or should i just go with another company and drop another 1,100 bucks.

QUOTE]

My question is why would a B class rider spend $1100 in the 1st place? You should of gotten it right plus at least a service down the road for that kind of $$.

I'd give him one more chance and meet him at a track to let him try and dial it in since you already spent so much and if not then like they said call Russ.

doc

I agree take it back to the guy you dropped $1100 with first, if he can't fix it Ross can hook you up he does alot of GNCC guys