Sign in to follow this  

Paddle Tire

I am looking to get a paddle for my 09 450 but dont know which to choose. I want something that allows me to turn well and has good traction. Kings Turbo and Skat Trak Intimidator are two that I am strongly considering but Id like to hear your opinions, especially those who have ridden several different types of paddles.

DO NOT BUY SKAT TRAK INTIMIDATOR< WORST PADDLE EVER!!

I've have run a skat trak intimidator My first go about with a paddle, and it shouldn't even be called a paddle because it has 0 hook up compared to other paddles.

I currently have a skat trak Hooker, awesome paddle but it is jus too wide and too much bite for my CRF, you can get a narrower one but it just depends on what carcass you use.

Cheng shin is a good cheap paddle, but my 3rd choice.

1st Choice is Skat Trak Hooker (all traction, not the best in turning)

2nd choice is King's Tire Turbo Paddle (great traction, best turning)

3rd Choice cheng shin

4th, Skat Initmidator = you'd have more fun pulling your teeth than riding this paddle.

Ive ran every paddle tire there is.

AMS sand snake great hook up and allows you to turn/slide the rear wheel like a mx tire.I like this one. It is narrower and will not hit chain

Scat track -will loose the paddles realy quick. wide and may rub chain

King turbo - wants to stand the bike up when on the gasing it in a turn.And throws a rediculous roost . People following you will hate you.

Chen shing - Good tire for the price. smaller cups less hook up.

I would and do use the AMS.

the kings turbo is a good tire. good hookup, slides less in turns, and throws a nasty roost. people behind you will eat sand all day, and it will throw sand all over your back and in your crack.

cheng shin will slide a little with less roost.

personally, i like the cheng shin for the slide. i like to turn the bike with the back tire in the sand.

King's Turbo is my first choice. I think it hooks up the best.