Sign in to follow this  

What Helmet Cam do you use?

I was looking in to buy a new helmet cam. I currently have a Oregon Scientific Helmet Cam and would like to upgrade to something with better video and sound quality and something with a wide angle lense. I was looking at the Go Pros and noticed they stick out far from the helmet. I race a lot of Hare Scrambles and am afraid that i would clip it on a tree. Not sure what other brands of helmet cams are on the market. what does everyone else use?

go check the video and pic section you will find all you need, or do a search for go pro and vholdr

well, if you want the absolute best money can buy, then its from "Vio. POV1."

search this and check out their site. This is what I use. Its what all the pro's use. Nitro-Circus,Task force, ETC. It cost a bit over 500.00, but its DVD quality video and their are so many accessories you can get. The wide 180 degree lens is m favorite.

I have a 540 line lipstick camera, the wires got old fast, it does record in uncompressed video, and the lens is a lot better than the gopro or vholder type

I also have a vholdr 720p model 1200, it's ease of use are why we only use that one now. I cant even hear the gopro beeps, it's hard to tell what the gopro is doing

if you search the forum there's lots of us using both the vholdr and the gopro. Word is there's a few more coming out soon too, from more competitors

I've owned GoPro Helmet Hero, Motocomm DSR-100, & Vholdr ContourHD. I like the ContourHD the best.

Sound on the GoPro sucks.

Video on the Motocomm sucks. (I also didn't like the wires everywhere.)

Video on the ContourHD is awesome & the sound doesn't suck.

This is not my video... it's just an example:

http://www.vholdr.com/video/wooragee-creek-run

Edited by SpED66
spelling correction

Popping, clicking & muffled audio sounds good? HI setting doesn't matter much after you stick the camera in an airtight box.

Here's another vid that isn't mine:

Btw, I didn't say the ContourHD sound was great. I just said it didn't suck.

If you're happy with a GoPro then good for you. I sold mine.

i strongly recommend the GoPro. they are a great camera, easy to use, plenty of mounts and sound is great. these are videos i made with WVM. even watching them in HD on youtube they still kill the quality a bit. i don't like seeing the videos on the company's site cause they always are misleading. mine is right off the camera and has nothing special done to them

Got a new GoProHD that I will be trying out this weekend. I notice it doesn't have a "HI/LO" sound setting like the standard GoPro. Has a sealed, and a non-sealed case with it that the instructions say will vary sound capture levels.

Popping, clicking & muffled audio sounds good? HI setting doesn't matter much after you stick the camera in an airtight box.

Here's another vid that isn't mine:

Btw, I didn't say the ContourHD sound was great. I just said it didn't suck.

If you're happy with a GoPro then good for you. I sold mine.

This does not sound muffled to me

http://www.vimeo.com/9489480

http://www.vimeo.com/9004479