Cr250 1985 cr125 1984 compatibility

hi, i've got a cr250 1985. few problems with and i would like to have a spare bike. I see there is a cr125 for sale for 300$ missing a piston. would that be a good donator bike? what would fit and what would not?

would wheels do?

shocks?

plastics?

cdi?

stator?

coil?

radiators?

seat?

else?

here is the add:

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-autos-et-vehicules-motocyclettes-motos-vertes-tout-terrain-Honda-CR125-1984-300-MANQUE-PISTON-W0QQAdIdZ187978308#

say to me what you thin. i havent seen a cr250 84-85-86 for sale ever. and i check. i check a lot.

thanks

Rapco

• 5 weeks later...

i have a 1984 CR125R that i have been working on periodically. Ihave a new wiseco piston and rings it has a a 57.5 bore (biggest you can get, that i know of) anyway. I have it on a 250 frame (bought it that way). The book i bought for it shows 84-85 as being the same for the most part. One major difference is you can only go 56mm on bore rather than 57.5 on the 84. For the most part things are interchangeable. Just depends on what but there isnt much of a difference from what i have experienced

The 1984 and 1985 Honda's were completely different plastic so I would assume that they would not be interchangeable besides the front fender and front number plate. I know that the 1985 & 1986 Honda’s are pretty similar. From a engine mounting I believe the 1985 does not have head stays and the 1986 does. If you are looking for a donor bike I would stick with the 1985/86 era bikes. You can Google pictures of the bikes and see the drastic difference in the way they look.