Sign in to follow this  

trade my yz250f for a yz250? fair or not

I have a 2008 yz250f (white edition) not in perfect condition, but is pretty good.

I raced it for a season, and now im done racing. just cant afford it.

so im looking at 250 2strokes. and i found one it is a 2002

it is completely rebuilt. new tires. plastics. pro circuit pipe. motor etc.

i owe 1500 on my bike still

so you guys think itd be a fair trade the 2002 yz250 + $1500

for my 2008 yz250f?

lemme me know what you guys think

thank you

i know if i got my hands on a 250F white edition, i'd never let'r go!!

i love those bikes, their my favorite in terms of looks.

Money wise, why not keep the F?

Are you going to a smoker for the convenience/cost of rebuilds, and reliability?

Or are you looking for a smoker specifically?

Both the yzF and yz are great bikes.. you can't go wrong:thumbsup:

I have a 2008 yz250f (white edition) not in perfect condition, but is pretty good.

so im looking at 250 2strokes. and i found one it is a 2002

it is completely rebuilt. new tires. plastics. pro circuit pipe. motor etc.

i owe 1500 on my bike still

so you guys think itd be a fair trade the 2002 yz250 + $1500

for my 2008 yz250f?

lemme me know what you guys think

thank you

Not for me man.... that's an 8 year old bike with a steel-frame.

Why not sell the 2008 YZ250F and find out if you can have some more money out from it in paying the US$1500 balance and acquiring at the same time a relatively cheaper 2005 or up YZ250 aluminum frame? If you can't have both the positives, then at least get one of them.

lookin to go to 2 smoke cuz since im done racing, i am gonna ride a lot more just for fun, like dunes, and free riding stuff. and the 250f just aint fast enough for me..

haha

but i still ride trails and track

so i think a 250 2t will be more fun for me

i love my 250f, but i just want some more power for out in the dunes. id get both if i could.

lookin to go to 2 smoke cuz since im done racing, i am gonna ride a lot more just for fun, like dunes, and free riding stuff. and the 250f just aint fast enough for me..

haha

i love my 250f, but i just want some more power for out in the dunes. id get both if i could.

OK, great.

Another question. How much are you dependant on having the best?

Personally all i do is trails, Single Track, Harescramble, that kinda stuff, and i love my 96 KX250. Aluminum frame is non existant to me, But obviously im not a racer/picky about that kinda stuff. I've never rode a bike that was aluminum. But anyways..:thumbsup:

Not for me man.... that's an 8 year old bike with a steel-frame.

Why not sell the 2008 YZ250F and find out if you can have some more money out from it in paying the US$1500 balance and acquiring at the same time a relatively cheaper 2005 or up YZ250 aluminum frame? If you can't have both the positives, then at least get one of them.

well see this bike is a graduation present from my dad. so he is paying it off. and i dont have a good job right now. so all the money i make is going towards prior bills, and trying to save up for riding trips with my buddies.

so 1500 of the money i get from the bike if i straight out sold it would go to my dad for the bike, then id be left with what about a 2002 yz250 would cost. i could wait. but the one thing im concerned about is takin my 250f to the dunes and doin something to it. im the only 250f out there with 450's (thats what my buddies ride)

and i dont wanna be on the pipe 24/7 just to keep up

OK, great.

Another question. How much are you dependant on having the best?

Personally all i do is trails, Single Track, Harescramble, that kinda stuff, and i love my 96 KX250. Aluminum frame is non existant to me, But obviously im not a racer/picky about that kinda stuff. I've never rode a bike that was aluminum. But anyways..:thumbsup:

aluminum is amazing for frames. lol but for me. importance now is to have fun with my friends. im not out there to ride to get twice as fast in a year after last year. I got two concussions and scared my family half to death. so im settling down. just to ride for fun.

so track. and dunes are my #1. and 2 strokes are jsut fun to ride.

haha

You've got some taste mate! :thumbsup::ride:

http://vimeo.com/2506500

so im looking at 250 2strokes.

Now aint that the truth about 4 brokes?

that vid would have been better if it wasnt in slo motion the whole time

i also like to hear the bike in vids..

At least the music suited good ENOUGH.

some people have really bad taste and it drives me nuts on a good vid with bad music

Jet the 250F really fat for dune riding. They're reliable bikes. Change oil and air filter at the end of each sand ride. They want you to enjoy your bike which is worth about $3,700 or so. So you're saying this '02 is truly worth $2,000? I think you're getting shafted in this deal.

You may elect to forgo the sand dune riding until the finances get better. Just stick to the trails until then.

Jet the 250F really fat for dune riding. They're reliable bikes. Change oil and air filter at the end of each sand ride. They want you to enjoy your bike which is worth about $3,700 or so. So you're saying this '02 is truly worth $2,000? I think you're getting shafted in this deal.

You may elect to forgo the sand dune riding until the finances get better. Just stick to the trails until then.

i only ride trails maybe once or twice a year when i go with my family on like memorial day weekend.

Ive taken my bike to the dunes before. it rides great out there. just want more power. and its jetted pretty darn good lol.

i think i am just gonna keep my bike until this summer and then get an aluminum framed yz250. or maybe even a 450. who knows.

how much do you guys think a brand new like 06 or 07 250 2t leftovers go for at a dealer? here in the NW.

yz or cr250's

the 2002 yz250 suspension is not going to compare to what you are on now