Sign in to follow this  

A Little Helmet Cam Footage From Last Weekend (Single Track)

Some Alberta single track from last weekend:

Wes.

Edited by KXEC
clarify title
  • Like 2

nice work... Where was that? I was wondering when I could take my bike out to the woods.

giantjoe: That is in the Waiparous area. I would still recommend studs right now, the south faces are melted but everywhere else is still pretty frozen.

buzzgrizz: That is with the Tachyon XC micro. I've only shot a couple rides with it but it seems to work really well and the price is right. The only problem I've had is connecting the camera directly to the computer, I have to use a card reader to view/download the videos. Apparently this may be an issue with some operating systems.:thumbsup:

Wes.

Great trail and video.Next time put single track or trailridding in the title.I almost didnt click on it because i thought it was motocross.

I was pleasantly surprised at the video quality of the affordable Tachyon! But I have to admit I hate the sound quality as much as I hate the same for a GoPro. All of that "clicking" & the "muffledness" of it all. :ride:

But you're a fast rider & I enjoyed your vid. No way I would have travelled that trail at such a clip with all of that snow & ice! Kudos friend. Gas for sharing! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments guys.

SpED66, the sound could definitely be better, but I think it's hard to have a water proof camera with good sound. I think the "clicking" you're referring to is branches hitting my helmet.:thumbsup:

yztwostrokin, that looks like a pretty rough ride, have you had your suspension re-valved?

yztwostrokin, that looks like a pretty rough ride, have you had your suspension re-valved?

You can't see all the rocks I'm riding over, but the springs aren't for my weight, I'm going to sell this bike soon so I didn't bother getting it done. Plus it's a chest mount camera

You can't see all the rocks I'm riding over, but the springs aren't for my weight, I'm going to sell this bike soon so I didn't bother getting it done. Plus it's a chest mount camera

Wrong springs make sense. That chest mount is kind of a handy tool to see what the front end is doing.

Wes.

Were you guys using studded tires ??

was wondering because i couldnt tell if the patches of white on the trail was ice or soft or frozen snow , as you guys were doing pretty good , if it was frozen , that would be impressive without studs !

last time i rode in the snow(about 2 months ago) i was sliding around pretty good in the frozen parts

Were you guys using studded tires ??

was wondering because i couldnt tell if the patches of white on the trail was ice or soft or frozen snow , as you guys were doing pretty good , if it was frozen , that would be impressive without studs !

last time i rode in the snow(about 2 months ago) i was sliding around pretty good in the frozen parts

Yep, studded tires are pretty much a necessity around here from about december to may. The patches on the trail are both ice and snow.