Sign in to follow this  

California Hungry Valley Camping

Hey all, was just wondering if there was a better campground than any other. B.T.W. The group that is going is a mellow middle aged crew.:ride:

Thanks for the info in advance ! :thumbsup:

I can't think of the names right now....but the one behind the wall is very cool and away from it all in a way. If you come in the Gorman entrance it is the second one on the right, but you can barely see it from the road and have to know where to look. The next two after that on that same side are nice too. Also the one at the bottom nearest to the Smokey Bear entrance can be nice sometimes

I like Circle camp the best. However, I have not camped there in years. The ahole factor is really large. I must of had the misfortune of ending up next to a group of tweakers. They literally partied until dawn. I was afraid I was going to loose it and hurt someone.

Will your experience be the same? It's unlikely, but you never know. I just head out to some isolated desert these days.

That is Cottonwood Campground. You can try that one, Circle Canyon, Lane Ranch or Upper Scrub. Stay out of Edison, Sterling and Smiths Forks.

Edison and Sterling are the first campgrounds from the north and gets more than their share of day riding goofballs. Smiths Forks is in the middle of the park and has the 'mini track' so it gets the goofballs with their many smaller goofball offspring.

Smiths Forks on an off weekend....

p1010031.jpg

:thumbsup:

I can't think of the names right now....but the one behind the wall is very cool and away from it all in a way. If you come in the Gorman entrance it is the second one on the right, but you can barely see it from the road and have to know where to look. The next two after that on that same side are nice too. Also the one at the bottom nearest to the Smokey Bear entrance can be nice sometimes

That is Cottonwood Campground. You can try that one, Circle Canyon, Lane Ranch or Upper Scrub. Stay out of Edison, Sterling and Smiths Forks.

Edison and Sterling are the first campgrounds from the north and gets more than their share of day riding goofballs. Smiths Forks is in the middle of the park and has the 'mini track' so it gets the goofballs with their many smaller goofball offspring.

Smiths Forks on an off weekend....

p1010031.jpg

:thumbsup:

+1 for Cottonwood 95% of the time it pretty mellow. Most of the heathens gravitate towards the campgorunds right off the main road. Bummer the rangers are out to get you for riding on the pavement. Camping by the stream ruled..........

+2 for Cottonwood. stay as far back in the cottonwood campground. it is long and narrow. huge wall to charge in 2nd gear!!! and not far from Powerline which is novice skill level but excellent in views and lengh. might i recomend the Powerline to Pronghorn loop. pronghorn is a little more difficult but i did it on my drz with Trailwings.

Alright, thanks Fella's ! Was looking at Google Maps and had decided on Cottonwood, now You guys just set my decision in stone ! Thanks All :thumbsup::ride: