Sign in to follow this  

Bigger Grips?

Anyone with big mitts find grips that work well? My hands tend to cramp up after awhile so I'm hoping some bigger grips would help.

Did you try pillow tops? I think they measure just 1mm larger, but they sure feel bigger. Not sure who makes grips much larger. Here's a crazy idea... You could try getting the Boyesen shockout system which increases the size of the left side of the bar, then squeeze a thicker Left grip onto both sides. Normally you use a right side grip on both sides when using the shockout. The thicker grip over the larger bar should make any grip noticably larger.

Well just getting back into riding and i have large hands. My bike came with Pillow tops and wow they are great. I still feel they could be slightly larger, so next set i will use the old trick of wrapping the bars with a couple winds of electrical tape.

I use the Johar foam grips mate, never had a blister with them, even in 4 hour desert races. Bloody brilliant.

Those look sick, how do they work in tight technical stuff?

Thanks for this thread!

I had the progrip 714's on my old XR250 and loved them, I just couldn't remember w t f made the grips and what model they were until reading this thread!

One more thing to put on the list of stuff to buy from the TT Store!

Those look sick, how do they work in tight technical stuff?

Great as well. Never a problem, but I do have big hands. I race a lot of different terrain, desert, tight technical woods, MX, and they perform everywhere.

My local guy carried the 714s so I got them. Rode last Sunday and really liked them. Thanks for all the input guys! :banana: