Odessa Bike Week

is this going to work for the d100 as well or just bike week?

No....you may only follow the route defined by Town Marshall between town, RV Park and Parking area for camping at Whiteknuckle / Frostbite site.

You will not be able to ride your ORV bike from Desert 100 site to town unless your bike is street legal (lights, horn, plate, etc...)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an Odessa Bike Week update. The routes for riding from camp to town have changed. Please see the Odessa Bike Week website for routing. Essentially, bikes must be pushed across the Highways (thanks to the state for suddenly making the change.) It's still cool that we can ride in and out! For those going to the Frostbite/White Knuckle via I-90, stop by Experience Powersports for more information on Bike Week!

Here's an Odessa Bike Week update. The routes for riding from camp to town have changed. Please see the Odessa Bike Week website for routing. Essentially, bikes must be pushed across the Highways (thanks to the state for suddenly making the change.) It's still cool that we can ride in and out! For those going to the Frostbite/White Knuckle via I-90, stop by Experience Powersports for more information on Bike Week!

So we will have to push across S. Alder and E. 1st then? What are the dates again that this is available to us?

I am really glad to see that the city is really welcoming us racers with open arms, and I will personally make a point of at least getting into town once to spend some money. They are really laying out the welcome mat. If only there was a route to get to town from the Desert 100 site too.

I am really glad to see that the city is really welcoming us racers with open arms, and I will personally make a point of at least getting into town once to spend some money. They are really laying out the welcome mat. If only there was a route to get to town from the Desert 100 site too.

only with a dual sport bike aka street legal

For all practical sense and purpose, it would be a logistal and safety nightmare if riders could go between 100 site and town.

Before becoming a SJMC member, Desert 100 weekend was the guys weekend out, often involving copious amounts of barley based beverages. I would be extremely concerned for everyone's safety and the rider's own as well if the option to ride to town was available.

I am positive that this option will never be viable because of the sheer amount of riders that come to this weekend. It is with great perservence that some great key members of Odessa were able to get some routes open and approved by Odessa City Council and Town Sheriff and hope every one respects that effort by acting and operating in a safe manner. Maybe in Baja a wheelie down main street might be appreciated by locals, but defintely not Odessa.

This bike week, as stated before, is shaping up to be pretty huge. I look forward to taking a break Thursday from setting up Desert 100 camp area to come and check it out (and to hit the high school showers for 5 minute shower instead of a 30 second trailer shower!)

Mike / SJMC

For all practical sense and purpose, it would be a logistal and safety nightmare if riders could go between 100 site and town.

Before becoming a SJMC member, Desert 100 weekend was the guys weekend out, often involving copious amounts of barley based beverages. I would be extremely concerned for everyone's safety and the rider's own as well if the option to ride to town was available.

I am positive that this option will never be viable because of the sheer amount of riders that come to this weekend. It is with great perservence that some great key members of Odessa were able to get some routes open and approved by Odessa City Council and Town Sheriff and hope every one respects that effort by acting and operating in a safe manner. Maybe in Baja a wheelie down main street might be appreciated by locals, but defintely not Odessa.

This bike week, as stated before, is shaping up to be pretty huge. I look forward to taking a break Thursday from setting up Desert 100 camp area to come and check it out (and to hit the high school showers for 5 minute shower instead of a 30 second trailer shower!)

Mike / SJMC

Why are the Baja people so cool??

Is it the DNA, or is it that song about attitudes and latitudes? I've never found more helpful folks...3 times I've been stranded in nowhereland Baja. Busted down three times, and hurt twice...once pretty bad. All three times I was found by some family that just happened to be coming home at some odd time...and found me. Vulnerable as a guy can get, they took care of me, my stuff, drove me to the hospital, the border...fed me, even offered up a daughter(true story). Retiring down there might be in my cards. ?