Odessa Bike Week

Thanks for the replies, I have another question about the poker run. Is there going to be a gas stop in the iron man poker run

Thats not really Bike Week related but to answer your question - YES after your first lap you'll probably need to be able to 30 - 35 miles on a tank of fuel.

i normally see a few. just keep them away from my grill. otherwise they may come home with a fork stuck in them.:lol:jk

While we are on the subject of grilling... Charcoal grills are allowed, right?

I did this once before and it didn't post. Hopefully I'll not screw up this time....

Dogs are fine. Just keep them away from other dogs, campers, bikes etc. We don't want any injuries, people or dogs....

No fires. A grill is fine.

We'll have porta potties on site.

Here's a one page schedule of most of what'll be important logisticly.

Site opens up when the first person shows up. No cost but donations gladly accepted.

Camp site and riding area rules are here:

http://www.odessachamber.net/bikeweek_camping_rules.php

There is an RV park in town with full hookups. You can ride from there up the hill to the riding area (licensed riders only, no passengers....) if you wish. Contact info is at the top of the above link.

Bikeweek runs from April 7 thru the 10th.

Busses will run from the camp site to town. How often will depend on how many show up.

You can ride into town on your dirt bike or quad from 7 am till dusk. You MUST be a licensed rider and you MUST push across the two highway crossings. It WILL be patrolled and they WILL impound bikes.

Here's a map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=113532888724474377633.00047ff66dd1d3baba9ea&ll=47.330752,-118.691611&spn=0.011271,0.02178&z=16

Rules are here:

http://www.odessachamber.net/bikeweek_ride_odessa.php I suggest you read the letter from the town Marshall as well.

Bikeweek trade show is down town in the Odessa Community Center. Doors open at 10 am and close at 5 pm or??? Doors will close at 2 or 3 pm on the 10th though.

A bus will also run Friday and Saturday from the D100 site to town.

The high school showers will be open from 6 pm to 8 pm April 7 thru the 9th.

Thursday April 8th the Odessa Chamber of Commerce will hold a social night/family dance at the Community Center. There will be a DJ, German food, beer and fun. Kids ARE allowed in the facility. We'll start serving at 6 pm and close at 1 am or when most folks have left. We will run the bus to and from.

The Odessa Chamber will have a beer tent at the D100 site on Friday night. Normal beer tent, no kids allowed after 6 pm.

Saturday the 10th the Chamber will be turning the ENTIRE food court into a beer garden. Minors ARE allowed, but no outside alcohol. We'll have souvenier 16 oz. cups. Domestic beer will be $4. and Rocky Coulee micro brew will be $5. We'll start serving at 6 pm and stop at 1 am or when most people have left.

Thanks for coming! See everyone in a few days!

Marlon

President, Odessa Chamber of Commerce

I did this once before and it didn't post. Hopefully I'll not screw up this time....

Dogs are fine. Just keep them away from other dogs, campers, bikes etc. We don't want any injuries, people or dogs....

No fires. A grill is fine.

We'll have porta potties on site.

Here's a one page schedule of most of what'll be important logisticly.

Site opens up when the first person shows up. No cost but donations gladly accepted.

Camp site and riding area rules are here:

http://www.odessachamber.net/bikeweek_camping_rules.php

There is an RV park in town with full hookups. You can ride from there up the hill to the riding area (licensed riders only, no passengers....) if you wish. Contact info is at the top of the above link.

Bikeweek runs from April 7 thru the 10th.

Busses will run from the camp site to town. How often will depend on how many show up.

You can ride into town on your dirt bike or quad from 7 am till dusk. You MUST be a licensed rider and you MUST push across the two highway crossings. It WILL be patrolled and they WILL impound bikes.

Here's a map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=113532888724474377633.00047ff66dd1d3baba9ea&ll=47.330752,-118.691611&spn=0.011271,0.02178&z=16

Rules are here:

http://www.odessachamber.net/bikeweek_ride_odessa.php I suggest you read the letter from the town Marshall as well.

Bikeweek trade show is down town in the Odessa Community Center. Doors open at 10 am and close at 5 pm or??? Doors will close at 2 or 3 pm on the 10th though.

A bus will also run Friday and Saturday from the D100 site to town.

The high school showers will be open from 6 pm to 8 pm April 7 thru the 9th.

Thursday April 8th the Odessa Chamber of Commerce will hold a social night/family dance at the Community Center. There will be a DJ, German food, beer and fun. Kids ARE allowed in the facility. We'll start serving at 6 pm and close at 1 am or when most folks have left. We will run the bus to and from.

The Odessa Chamber will have a beer tent at the D100 site on Friday night. Normal beer tent, no kids allowed after 6 pm.

Saturday the 10th the Chamber will be turning the ENTIRE food court into a beer garden. Minors ARE allowed, but no outside alcohol. We'll have souvenier 16 oz. cups. Domestic beer will be $4. and Rocky Coulee micro brew will be $5. We'll start serving at 6 pm and stop at 1 am or when most people have left.

Thanks for coming! See everyone in a few days!

Marlon

President, Odessa Chamber of Commerce

Here's a bit of an update. Tony T. and I spent some time marking the route into town today. Just follow the GREEN ribbons and orange/black arrows and you'll be OK.

Remember to PUSH your bike across the two highway crossings. I'll have signs up for them so you'll not be able to claim that you didn't now it was the highway....

Can't speak for the D100 site but charcoal grills are OK at the Bikeweek site. Just no open fires.

The Portapotties and dumpsters are already on site so all is ready there.

It's supposed to rain this Friday:thumbsup:

laters,

marlon

Does anyone know if there is going to be bike demo's??? Where we might get to try some new machines out???

Thanks

Yes. Unless they've already been sold.... Last I knew, however, there WOULD still be bikes to try.

marlon

There will be new bikes at the show and perhaps a few machines to demo. Drop in at the show to see what can be put together! There will also be a significant number of accessories not typically stocked. It will be a great time to size yourself for a Leatt or Asterisk brace. Shoei or Arai Helmet. Huge selection of tires. You can look in the comfort of the community center.

There was a pretty good series of rain showers today in Odessa. More slated for Thursday! Hopefully, the dampness will give us good track conditions. Set up for Bike Week continues. Stop in and enter for prizes and giveaways. Prizes include a great riding jacket, helmet, hats, and more. Lots of items at big closeout prices including DC shoes!

No. Can you just imagine the mess that would exist if someone managed to tip one over and got a single camper on fire? shudder

I don't think there is a problem with the propane fired ones though. They can easily be shut off if something happens.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Propane-Firepit-LP-Campfire-Portable-Yard-Camp-Fire-Pit_W0QQitemZ380167055995QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5883b8ea7b

These are great!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Portable-Propane-Heater-80-000-BTU_W0QQitemZ120551974194QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c11752532

Don will correct me if I'm wrong here. I know I speak for the parking area just south of town (white knuckle site)....

laters,

marlon