Sign in to follow this  

YZ250F top clickers not the same height

I have a 2003 YZ250F stock suspention and I read the Service book to set the suspention to the stock settings and noticed the top clickers are not even. I can turn them out 12 clicks (stock) and one is lower then the other :thumbsup: The fluid level is fresh and at stock level I set it to when I put new seals on. Normal?

Did you tighten the caps on correctly? In other words, with the adjusters fully out, thread the cap FULLY onto the cartridge rod and then tighten the jam nut up to the cap?

What is the total number of clicks you can get out of each cap? If they are different, you need to check the cap/rod relation.

I don't think I did that when I re-did the seals and bushings. I think I just took them appart and re-assembled them without moving the clickers. DAMMIT. Guess I will have to take them back appart and do them right, thats not too hard I guess.

Well %^$# I got antoher problem now. Took the caps off and the bump stops are completly trashed. They are about 2-3 rides old with just trail riding. They came in the pivot works rebuild kit. Any clue how I screwd that up?

I rode the bike in super cold weather like 32 degrees for 15 minutes and 40 degrees for a few hours. The blue things are broke in several chunks and all in my fresh fluid!!!:thumbsup:PWFFKY03400_0B2A6D47E10CB.jpg

What did I do!! Oh and the clickers appear to be fine.

Well the blue bushings are too hard. I called Pivot Works and they said they have had a few people call with the same prob. They also said they are going to take care of it and send me some more softer dampners :banana:

WOW! I didn't know Pivot Works has a kit like that. But, it would be my guess that they had the bumpers made out of the wrong material. That's a bummer that now you have to dump all the oil again!

If you want OE KYB bumpers, let me know. They're only like $6-$7 each.

623-463-3488