Sign in to follow this  

2009 KX250F or 2006 CRF250R or 2009 RM-Z250?

i have been looking at new bikes, and i have come down to two. My uncle has a CRF250R that he special ordered with a headlight, tail light, and kickstand that he will sell me for 3000-3500 with 2 hours on it. my dad wants me to buy the honda, but i like the idea of having a 2009 KX250F, however many of these are out of my price range ($4200 max). I may be able to get a 2009 RM-Z250 since these are less expensive. which bike should i get?

That does sound good on the 250R, or X or whatever..

plus you will have money to mod it!!

haha gruberyz i would but im in California and you're in Oklahoma... unless you want to ship it.

If i were to buy the honda could i interchange the light and a # plate for desert and track? Replace the rear fender so that i don't have a brake light?

i believe so,

my buddy has a WR250F and he got a black back fender (no light).

as for the light..

im pretty sure you could switch it hassel free..

not much of an electrical dude.. sorry

oh yeah i forgot to say its got an elec start too... i think im gonna pick it up from my uncle, try it, and take it to my mechanic to make sure its actually a modded R like he says and not

If it is a X you can mod it back to a R pretty easy with the CCC mods. Look them up in the X forum here.

Wait a minute, I just realized the Honda is a '06. :thumbsup: Whether it be an X or R it's a fair deal but not a great deal. I thought it was an '09.

i heard th 06 hondas need tons of maintenence. more than other 4 strokes. is this true?