Sign in to follow this  

2004 kx85

ok I am doing a complete topend replated cyl. wesco top end this is a new bike I got for my son so I have very littil history on it !!the bike does have very few hours on it (just from the looks of the bike)

i have been going over this bike from one end to the other, we race so I need it to be right but with all this talk about the kips I have checked the alignment of the shaft and all is good there but I did see there is a littil movement in the shaft not side to side but it will twist a littil not much about a 16th or less is this normal!!

also I know this is a loaded question but what is the right way to brake in a new pistion and cyl.

thanks mike

Yes, it's normal for the shaft to "twist" a little.

As fr break in, 200 is right. But I suggest a heat and cool method on the stand. Allow to run, easily throttling it up slightly till the cylinder is just hot enough to not touch. I do this 2 or 3 times, depending on when I'm doing it. Then ride it easy for a few minutes, getting on the pipe here and there. Let cool. Then be sure to properly warm it up from there on out.

The other situation I was referring to was between heats. LOL put it in, start it up, warm it up, Race it. Believce it or not, never had a failure yet.

Edited by SAPPERS

thanks guys it sucks to be 35 years old and still can't spell or explain what i am asking!!!

thanks guys it sucks to be 35 years old and still can't spell or explain what i am asking!!!

If you're having that much trouble, PM me and I'll give you my ph#.

If you're having that much trouble, PM me and I'll give you my ph#.

thanks but I think i have it going now but I might take you up on it latter