Sign in to follow this  

2007 yz 85 question

my neighbors son has a yz 85 but he uses it only for like trail riding and he is kinda new with clutch use; so the question is how can I tune the bike so it can be rideable in low speed, so it wont die when its just coming out in first gear if u dont rev it much, what jets do I use cuz I heard a guy say that the 85's can be tuned to be low rev'd by changing jets is this true???

Low end power can be enhanced with perfect jetting, BUT the real problem here is the poor kid has been given the wrong bike to ride. He needs a TT-R125.

maybe a aftermarket pipe and some reeds may give it a bit better low end

but skill comes with practise and he will probably get the clutch mastered in a couple of rides

a crf 150r would have way more bottom end than a 85 marbe thats a better bike for him

if you can find a ttr 125 or crf 80 that he can practise on to use the clutch then that would help him alot

the 4 strokes are so much more forgiving but all will be better with practice. You could try a smaller sproket in the back, but that will also increase the power and shorten 1st gear.

Yeah I know thats what I told my neighbour but he just wont listen, but Ill try the pipe and reeds to se what happens a friend of mine told me to put weight on the flywheel but the thing is in this country you cannot find anything for 85's so how many grms or pounds are we talking about