Sign in to follow this  

DR350 need help with fork options

I just got a 1990 DR350 from a guy and he gave me a lot of extra parts, two other bikes in boxes. What i need help with is he gave me two extra sets of forks triple trees and all. one set is the same as what is on the bike and the other set is a bigger diameter and a lot longer, but the triple tree fits the bike with no problem. I also got a longer swing arm and a different rear shock. Do the DR bikes come with this stuff or is it some kind of mod he was doing. I dont know if i wanna make the bike that much taller but i think the heavier forks would work better for me and i dont know if it will throw off the geometry of the bike and make it handle bad. If you can tell me anything to help clear up this problem please do.

I just got a 1990 DR350 from a guy and he gave me a lot of extra parts, two other bikes in boxes. What i need help with is he gave me two extra sets of forks triple trees and all. one set is the same as what is on the bike and the other set is a bigger diameter and a lot longer, but the triple tree fits the bike with no problem. I also got a longer swing arm and a different rear shock. Do the DR bikes come with this stuff or is it some kind of mod he was doing. I dont know if i wanna make the bike that much taller but i think the heavier forks would work better for me and i dont know if it will throw off the geometry of the bike and make it handle bad. If you can tell me anything to help clear up this problem please do.

those triple trees maybe for a set of USD forks, I have USD forks on my DR350, and I had to make new triple trees. The USD's are a huge improvement, you will need to add spacers internally to limit the travel to the original DR travel.

Never seen a longer swingarm before, post a picture. Scotts made a swingarm for that bike, I don't know if it was longer

ok so i think the forks are from a dr 250 but i dont know if that is right any help And the swing arm is not any longer than stock sorry

The 250 and 350 share most of the same parts. Some 350 dirt models have different forks, at least in some years. Where in VA are you? I am in Richmond. I recently bought a 1990 DR350S and I am almost done with repairs, maintenance, and mods. Do you know if the forks currently on the bike are stock? I might be interested in extra parts you don't need. Mine is stripped down to just only the necessary parts...