Sign in to follow this  

Looking to swap platstic coolant Y fitting with a metal Y fitting?

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has any idea where to get a Y fitting made out of metal so I can swap it with the one that is plastic on the RMZ 250? I know kawaski has a T fitting that they changed to metal, but it is a T fitting and I need a Y fitting.

Maybe you know of another bike that comes Y fitting (Metal or plastic) please let me know and I can put a post on thier chat blog or just order one.

Beleive it or not, i know SEVERAL people who have melted these fittings on various bikes.

Kawa has the Y fitting too, besides the T fitting.

It was a KX 450F part. I mounted the Kawa T part yesterday. It is not exactly equal but good enough.

You do realize that you are on the 450 forum asking about 250f parts ~ right? But I don't mind helping!

We are talking about part #17:

SU0209085040.gif

And even though ZipTy only lists one for an '07 z250, it should still work on your '08. Feel free to call them to be sure, or just check the Suzuki part numbers and if they are the same between '07 & '08 then order the ZipTy for $30.

07rmzy%20web.jpg

Here's a link to ZipTy: http://www.ziptyracing.com/products/product_detail.aspx?id=MTY0MA==