Sign in to follow this  

O-ring chain problems

Trying to put a (DID) o-ring chain on my 06 450 and there are two little dimples that hit. is their any spacers or anything I can do or do I got to run a stander chain?

Its prolly due to a slightly longer master link pins. It will wear more until it builds a channel, and might wear the master link a bit too. After market chain guides usually have a little bit more room, ie: the TM Designs stuff.

You could pregroove your wear block if you wanted to keep the stocker.

While you could just shim out your countershaft sprocket to get it to clear, I wouldnt suggest it. Make sure you got the right chain for your model, I have a 10k lb test smart o-ring chain from Krause / Sidewinder, and have zero clearance issues on either 06 or the 09.

Narrow profile on width and does not hit anywhere. Tensile strentgh is around 7,300. I have been running this chain in the desert for three hard years and have had 0 problem. I just recently purchased the same chain with new sprockets. The old chain was fine, the sprockets were wore. Check with Motosport. I purchased the chain from them for $56.00, list for $99.00!

Thanks for all the info I will check that out but for now I got the new (DID T ring ) made for bikes like the crf @ kxf.