Sign in to follow this  

ltr 450 yfz 450 or kxf 450

im looking to buy another atv i have a 2006 ltr 450. i do ride track but also like trials as well what do you think i should go with?

I currently race a TRX 450r in the GNCC series and love it. Almost no problems that were not self inflicted. I've reciently seen alot of guys starting to ride the can am's and they all like them from what ive heard but a bit pricey. The ltr has proven to be a great bike in the woods with some mods. The Yamaha has basically been the standards for the class followed by honda trail wise since day one. My experience with the kaw has been nothing but bad. Great engineering but its seems like there made of play doh. Something to look into maybe is the Polaris predator mx. Most people dont like them but they have came a long way since there intro and are really comfortable. if i was to buy again, which im not due till 2011, i would probably go with the yam. or the ltr. due to there track readyness from the showroom. if you go with the yam get the R.

Original post is from March, but....

I have ridden both a fair bit, and I feel the YFZ is the better of the two. Just a more refined design, better handling, etc.

My YFZ was fast and reliable. It was class champion in its class and even in modified when I raced grass drags. It beat many modded 450's inc Honda, Suzuki and Kawi. Part of the reason it did so well was that it held traction and was rock solid.

I'd get another if I was buying a sport 450!