Sign in to follow this  

2009 crf450r were to send it??

Hi i have a 09 crf450 and my weight is 225 and i want to get my suspention done. I have done some searching but was wondering peoples opinion since they rode them more. I heard enzo was realy good. were would u send it if you had to do it again. And can i get away with just changing the springs for my weight???? thanks

I would go with a local tuner. If you have any problems you will not have to pay 50-60 bucks each time to ship. Plus a local tuner will most likely know your local tracks. With the 09 you should not just respring, everything I have read the 09 needs alot of work to get the suspension to work right.

I just bought an '09 and I am considering MX-Tech. They are saying to not only put a link on the back, but use 24mm offset clamps as well. I spoke to Jeremy Wilkey over the phone about the set up and it seems they put a lot of hours into their test bike. Also, they offer the E7 (Element 7) set up for the forks which is pretty interesting. There is an article in Motocross Action about this whole bike ('09 Honda 450) in the April edition if you want to read about it. Now, I don't believe everything MXA says, but it's a cool article. That's my two cents. Hope this helps.