Sign in to follow this  

radiator guards

so i busted that white plastic radiator guard/vent, whatever you wanna call it, on my '04 crf450r on the left side and i cannot find a used one anywhere, i would really prefer to just buy a used one because a new OEM one is about 30 bucks, i searched ebay and found nothing but when i search for the same thing for a yz450f i get almost 50 products, why cant i find anything for my bike, any help would be great, thanks

I have bought several of them on eBay but it always seems hit or miss for the CRF's. Luckily for me it has always been over the winter when I need one and the 05-08's appear to have more parts on ebay. I just check every day until I find one knowing that if I don't I will be ordering one from a dealer. Good luck, I didn't see any for the 02-04 range.

Worst case scenario, put the old one back together, who cares what it looks like while you look for a used one, or shell out $30 + shipping for a new one.

well i found some msr aluminum radiator guards in the TT store so i ordered them and got an e-mail that they are on backorder but should be in on march 22, these were like $31 for a set so i figured that was better than spending the same just for one side. i will keep checking ebay for a factory one tho just so i have it

Those plastic louvers (referred to as guards) don't really guard anything, they keep rocks/debris out of the fins and direct air for cooling. From what you typed I can only assume you purchased a msr guard/brace, which might work for you but I know I ran into over heating issues when I ran devol guards without the plastic louvers. Needless to say I run stock louvers/guards and works connection radiator braces now. Overheating these bikes causes the valves to go bad very quickly.