Sign in to follow this  

what year is this??

New member here, I just picked up a pair of KX250's. Long story short, I went to buy one and got a package deal I couldn't refuse on the second. $1000 for both plus a bunch of extras.

My question is-the seller told me I was buying a 93 and a 97 but the titles say I bought a 92 and a 96. Which is it? Are bikes titled in 96 considered the 97 model?

I'm doing a complete tear down on both, I'm about to buy some parts and I need a little help with the correct year before I spend the $$

also I'm looking for side panels for the 92/93 in good condition-let me know

no new member thread would be complete without some eye candy

this is what I brought home

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

The very first day home:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DSC_0007-1.jpg

Edited by sick50ford

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your finds!

Look on the frame, (head tube). There should be a 17-digit VIN stamped into the frame. Look on my page below for some information on the tenth digit indicating the year code.

http://www.kdxgarage.com/vininformation.html

The bottom one looks like 1992, due to the seat cover and blue forks. The top one looks like 1996, with the purple shrouds and yellow "250" stickers on the swingarm.

You can look at the parts diagrams (microfiche) on the Kawasaki.com site under Owner Info and Parts Diagrams. Look back a few days for a thread from Jeekinz, on how to use the menu system to gain information on your bikes.

Again, congratulations and welcome!

Nice bikes!

Yeah, the purple one is most likely a 96 like KDX said. It has the thinner swingarm too which was changed in 97. But the VIN will give you a definate answer.

Good luck with them! :thumbsup:

looks like ive got a 92 and a 96. just bought most of the parts to freshen up the 92 $$$$$$