Sign in to follow this  

Well I finaly got an XR650r, Plated and electric start.

And yes I know, the plate might get revoked, if it does I'll have to decide if I'm going to keep it for dirt only or just get a DRZ that's a whole nother topic. (plate wasn't revoked on last transfer?)

But any ways, it's a 02 , the seller didn't know too much about it, he took it in trade from a friend who owed him money for some work performed, it has all paperwork since new, sales contract, extended warranty and most receipts for things added.

Baja Designs full Street legal kit

Baja Designs Electric starter

Suspension work by Fineline, not sure what was done

Factory service manual

Extra IMS tank, any one know what size it is???????????

Battery tender Jr

Uni Filter

Hand Guards

Aftermarket seat or cover? SDS or SDC? ??????????????

Topar top triple?

Pro tapor bars

Neat little spot light with velcro to stick on helmet, plugs into plug on bars

Must have Hop up kit, have stock parts jets, needle gasket and carb duct in box

Trailtech Speedo , but I cant get speed to work ,I need to insp pickup

I'm hoping if plate does get pulled, I can still sell it if I decide and get my money back. bikes in good condition, not perfect, not sure of value, hope I dint get ripped off, wouldn't mind replacing the right engine side cover (clutch?)

IMGP2416.jpg

IMGP2420.jpg

IMGP2398-1.jpg

IMGP2432.jpg

IMGP2424.jpg

That tank looks a lot bigger than my 3.2 IMS

Nice bike,just needs a couple more things..A full pipe,larger front disc,Edelbrock carb,stage two Hot cam...Umm.....ok,step away from the check book and no one gets hurt.

I'd say the spare is the 4.6 IMS. **Thanks motomanx for reminding me the clarke was the 4.3**

Don't worry about the plate being pulled, it's pre-04 and you shouldn't have a problem. If you don't want to mess around with the DMV then go to AAA if you have it. The registration should look just like a street bike and they won't know the difference anyhow.

Great looking bike! Enjoy the ride.

Edited by cmayer31

looks good. as long as it was converted pre 04 you should be able to keep the plate.

how do you like that magic button ? aka electric starter.

the trail tech parts are pretty inexpensive if you need to replace them to get your computer to work properly.

congrats on the bike.

looks good. as long as it was converted pre 04 you should be able to keep the plate.

how do you like that magic button ? aka electric starter.

the trail tech parts are pretty inexpensive if you need to replace them to get your computer to work properly.

congrats on the bike.

I cant prove when the bike was street licensed, I do have paperwork from the bike in early 04, and it was plated then, but not sure if it was done before the deadline or not. I believe the bike has transferd twice since 04 and the plate was never revoked.

I like the starter, I've been busy so I haven't messed with the bike much at all, the starting system is a bit hoakie, especially with that big starter hanging off the side and using the comp release during start, but I would not have gotten a kick start XR over a DRZ, I must have the magic button, I wasn't convinced on the XR, I've always thought about getting one, but the DRZ would probably be fine for me, and cheaper, but I didn't like the power, or lack of it, since this had the magic button, I figured I better get it and try it out, if I don't like it or it's weight, there's always another DRZ out there, but how many electric start XR's are there? I've never seen one.

That's exactly what I want! But, since I also live here in Cali…I'm scared to buy to a plated one. Don't want to get burned.

You should be OK. Good score.

Nice bike. I'd love to have the magic button, but my understanding is that Baja doesn't make them anymore, and the foreign ones are *really* expensive.

If you sell it, be sure to let the XR650R community know 1st! :banana: There are lots of nice goodies on your bike that many of us might consider. :lol:

Granted, I don't think the magic button would work on mine since I have the State II cam (no decomp lever).

Woo Hoo!

I went and did the transfer of title today, handed the lady my paper work at the DMV, seemed like it was taking forever, with her turning the title over and back over again and again, as if some thing was wrong, then she pulled out another form, all I could read on it was the words ERROR on top, I said, ummm, whats that? she said, well you miss spelled your middle name on the title and then corrected it, (it's a long story) this is just a form you need to sign saying you made the correction, then she said, that will be $149 bucks, Tags expired today so I got new tags till 2011,

So I should be good, I know the DMV could still pull it at any time, but I doubt that's going to happen, to them, it's revenue.

Woo Hoo!

I went and did the transfer of title today, handed the lady my paper work at the DMV, seemed like it was taking forever, with her turning the title over and back over again and again, as if some thing was wrong, then she pulled out another form, all I could read on it was the words ERROR on top, I said, ummm, whats that? she said, well you miss spelled your middle name on the title and then corrected it, (it's a long story) this is just a form you need to sign saying you made the correction, then she said, that will be $149 bucks, Tags expired today so I got new tags till 2011,

So I should be good, I know the DMV could still pull it at any time, but I doubt that's going to happen, to them, it's revenue.

Congrats:banana::banana::banana: