Sign in to follow this  

What size rear tire are people running?

What bike? what use?

07S got the stock deathwing on the back trying to get to a 90 off 10 on set up... thinking about an mt21, ac10 or xcmh

I like 120s.

Thats what I was thinking but I hear people run 130's and was wondering if the wider tire is more stable/better traction

I would say that tire type, tread pattern, air pressure, suspension set-up and your riding skill will determine the bikes stability and traction.

I've used 120's, 130's, 140's, and have noticed some subtle differences.

But the trade off is gonna be more rubber, more rotating weight....less tire less rotating weight. Terrain type and tread type are the other variables.

Basically, your gonna need to try a few different tires to see what works for you, your riding style, and the terrain you are riding.

I would say that tire type, tread pattern, air pressure, suspension set-up and your riding skill will determine the bikes stability and traction.

I've used 120's, 130's, 140's, and have noticed some subtle differences.

But the trade off is gonna be more rubber, more rotating weight....less tire less rotating weight. Terrain type and tread type are the other variables.

Basically, your gonna need to try a few different tires to see what works for you, your riding style, and the terrain you are riding.

I'm running stock suspension but putting stiffer springs in when I can afford it. (I weigh around 200 w/o gear) I ride mostly desert, been riding for a long time, like to go fast and hit alot of jumps.

Got pics of a 130 or 140? I'd like to do the same, and my 120 Trakmaster looks like it's all I can stuff in there.

howdy- fyi, I just mounted a set of d606's 130/90-18 rear tire. fits just fine. The thing is, it actually looks narrower than my old dirt only 120/90-18! go figure.

Got pics of a 130 or 140? I'd like to do the same, and my 120 Trakmaster looks like it's all I can stuff in there.

140 Pirelli XCMH (waaay better than MT21's or 606's...I've ridden 'em all and that's my experience).

With rimlocks and UHD tubes, you can't kill the things.

winter09_2.jpg

140 Pirelli XCMH (waaay better than MT21's or 606's...I've ridden 'em all and that's my experience).

With rimlocks and UHD tubes, you can't kill the things.

winter09_2.jpg

This is definitely my next rear... Looks mean :banana:

120 ac10, and thats what i'll get next time too, had a 4.6 before and didnt care for how narrow it was

Im running the stock trailwings as far as i know (bought a 2005 s used in dec). The tires are 120/80 and I would like to go for a shinko 244 in the 5.1 inch, but I dont know if that would be too large. Also I would be doing 85 street 15 dirt so im looking for the perfect mix

Im running the stock trailwings as far as i know (bought a 2005 s used in dec). The tires are 120/80 and I would like to go for a shinko 244 in the 5.1 inch, but I dont know if that would be too large. Also I would be doing 85 street 15 dirt so im looking for the perfect mix

There might be better stuff out there but when I did 90 street the trailwings were actually not that bad.