Sign in to follow this  

Best fat bar bend for a shorter rider

Hey Guys,

I did a bunch of searches for bar recommendations but mostly what I found was info from taller riders. I'm 5' 7" and looking for some fat bars. I'm looking at pro-tapers primarily. Any shorter riders have recommendations?

Thanks, Will

5'6" here, mostly fast trails and single track. About 50 /50 seated and stand up riding. I use the CR-Hi Pro Taper.. DRZ, RM250, CR125.. Just installed a new pair on the RM this morning....

Anyone one want a 2 week old Pro Taper Yamaha Yz bend bar? Only used once, of course that was the ride I threw the RM to the ground...so these bars make great left hand turns... but going straight is not so easy... :thumbsup:

Henry/Reeds are pretty low. I added them when I went to GPR undermount and risers. Now I wish I had gone with CR High b/c the reeds are too low. Wanna trade? See my garage.

Thanks for the offer, but a friend of mine bought a bunch of new Contours for 45.00 at a bike swap meet and he 's going to sell me a pair. He has Reeds, Windhams and CR high.

I just need to decide between these three now. I'm going to use a Zeta clamp too so I could always get some adjustment there if need be.

Just comparing the differences between the three bends and they are all within 1/4" of each other in height and sweep. Is this even enough to tell the difference?

I'm thinking any of the bars will be fine when they are that close. What do you guys think?

I second on the carmichaels. The carmichaels high are to tall for me. So the standard are a good fit.