Sign in to follow this  

Acebis tank??

acerbis tank on a ktm 450/530

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a tank on order from just gas tanks, it is the acerbis 6.3gal tank.

i ordered it in orange but orange over a month ago. i got an email today that they are backordered till the end of march. add shipping i wont get it till as far as mid april.

i have pics of this model with the orange tank. im hoping to see a pic of the 08 and up 450/530 with a natural colored tank on it.

i know they yellow and tarnish or varnish....i just want to see a pic or 2 because they have naturals available now.....

ANY PICS? :thumbsup:

Edited by kellymac530
MIS SPELL

I had the OEM KTM 13L Tank on my 08 450 Orange. sorry can't help.

Our local KTM dealer has the clear/natural colored tank sitting on a shelf ready to be purchased.

Clear is the way to go. with those low slung sides it's hard to see how much fuel you have left looking thru the filler.

Where the hell you planning to ride with that much fuel, Long Beach to Vegas on single track???

Clear is the way to go. with those low slung sides it's hard to see how much fuel you have left looking thru the filler.

Where the hell you planning to ride with that much fuel, Long Beach to Vegas on single track???

temecula to parker on singletrack and service roads and jeep trails.

also trying to start getting into some adv riding and overnite back woods stuff:thumbsup:

Wow, do you have a route or GPS track you can share? I live in Carlsbad and would be interested in riding parts of this in the future. Thanks.

FWIW, my 13l orange tank looks beat to pi$$ after a good mud ride. Its holding stains in tiny scratches so any worries of asthetics should be discarded, IMO. The clear looks like crap right away, the orange after an hour, no doubt black is nasty too after dirt scratches & scrubs in. Scrubbing has had minimal effect, even with WD-40.

I don't see anyone with graphics on these for now, I recall how rare it was to get them for my old MXC tank and even though they would bubble despite the hole pattern in them, they looked great. Time to look into that!

I have some pics but I don't know how to post them. send me an email.

i ordered the clear one they are local and it will be here thursday/friday.

no i dont have gps tracks, for the T2P ride...im doing it with friends in april, he just knows the route by memory, none of us guys are gps fans, but i might be able to get a route after the ride...

Seriously, white it all out now & toss a lil green Penton decal on the tank. Looks good "old school"! :thumbsup:

i have white cycra hand guards on probends so i think the white will look good. i know it yellows. my bikes get ridden to hell and back, so looking clean and pretty is not that important.

i still have some old sets of custom graphics from my old sponsor that were uncut i can probably cut out to fit the new tank. only problem is they are orange and blue.

zlt probably still has my pattern on file i could change the color to orange and black

That tank is a ralley tank and its HUGE and needs extra brackets to support the weight that don't come with it. Unless you are going to Baja its over kill.

That tank is a ralley tank and its HUGE and needs extra brackets to support the weight that don't come with it. Unless you are going to Baja its over kill.

we are going to baja. we are also going to do some mid length adv rides. 2-3 days in the back country.

what brackets? i have not even seen any brackets for sale. the kits says it comes with ALL hardware, cap, and petcock to mount.

what else do i need?

we are going to baja. we are also going to do some mid length adv rides. 2-3 days in the back country.

what brackets? i have not even seen any brackets for sale. the kits says it comes with ALL hardware, cap, and petcock to mount.

what else do i need?

I sold one of those tanks to buddy for his 450 EXC and the stock hardware just was not up to the job, the tank rocked from side to side too much for him so he built some extra support brackets.

mine just got here so i will mount it up in the morning and see...i do see they have different size rubber groumets for theframe mounts..i wonder if that is to solve that problem???

how do the rads mount now. they are loose until you put the tank shrouds on and this tank has no mount holes????

I bought the IMS natural a year ago for my then, new 400. I have always owned a "clear" tank, for all my yz's...even after a few years, you can still see your gas levels and make a decision to pit, get gas, turn-around, etc...

Bikes get dirty and scratched...how they are meant to be.:thumbsup:

I bought the IMS natural a year ago for my then, new 400. I have always owned a "clear" tank, for all my yz's...even after a few years, you can still see your gas levels and make a decision to pit, get gas, turn-around, etc...

Bikes get dirty and scratched...how they are meant to be.:thumbsup:

thats kinda how i felt. i wanted the clear first, but let a friend pressure me into the orange. i dont mind the weathered, used look personally.

since it is already here and ready to mount, now i just cant see where or how to mount the radiators to the tank on the wings where the shrouds were on the stock tank

Don't know if it applies but the 13l doesn't hard mount to the rads, there are rubber bumpers that mount to the rads & the wings rest on those. They look like simple, round rubber bushings.

jjm that is what happens i figured it out now. thanx guys. the directions were not clear at all, but once again with the help of all my riding brothers we got it figured out.

thanx guys