Sign in to follow this  

chopper S&S motor questions

so today at a famous pawn shop in vegas I found something that I believe I could make a lot of money on if I resell it. Or just keep it. for 15k (I may be able to haggle for less) I get a custom chopper (forgot the frame manufacturer) with an S&S motor, CNC wheels, belt drive, all aluminum block components, custom fork crowns with hidden bolts (looks very sexy), all stainless steel hoses and cables. This thing looks straight off of Jesse James' show. I have no dought all these custom shinny aluminum parts are worth around 100k. I want to know people opinion before I blow my wad on this. Anything to look for with these S&S motors? how many miles do they typically last for? not sure what size it is. I can get pics up soon. I know that choppers are very personal and it may be hard to sell but at the same time I should be able to double my money back. sorry for the sucky pics friend's camera phone

phonepics2120.jpg

phonepics2118.jpg

I wouldn't keep it, you don't want to be "that guy", lol.

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay and in this economy I doubt you'll double your money on a sale. Someone that is willing to pay or can afford at least $30k will have their own built for not much more.

I wouldn't keep it, you don't want to be "that guy", lol.

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay and in this economy I doubt you'll double your money on a sale. Someone that is willing to pay or can afford at least $30k will have their own built for not much more.

I know its totally unnecessary and I was raised to not buy things that are unnecessary but its so big and shinny and powerful. I know I will look like a douche riding it but it just looks so fun. this bike has me written all over it. I think your point is true most people who want a custom chopper money is not an issue even though you cant get a bike from Jesse James for below 150k (I think). It seems that I would have a hard time selling it then?

Possibly but things are a bit different out your way I'd imagine. I'd be stuck with that thing for years trying to sell it up here.

Hell man, if you like it, pick it up and ride the snot outta it!

Possibly but things are a bit different out your way I'd imagine. I'd be stuck with that thing for years trying to sell it up here.

Hell man, if you like it, pick it up and ride the snot outta it!

Haha yea bro youre up in maine. My family has a house on Sebago lake. I am not high on my own bullshit right? I mean it is a good deal. S&S motor alone is over 9k CNC wheels are REALLY expensive, the rest of the aluminum block parts are works of art and certainly not cheap. I love it, but cant really validate owning it.

Run Away. Its not sitting in a pawn shop with cardboard oil rag under it for no reason. My local shop has had four used "custom" choppers sitting on the floor for six months. Uncomfortable, unsafe, unwanted. Its a re-hashed fad thats seen its time.

cnc wheel prices: Jesse James gets $25,000.00 for one offs. Chip Foose wheels....if I remember right...was mentioned at about $7,000.00 per wheel so you are looking at almost $30,000.00 tax and all. And I don't imagine that includes center caps and lugnuts.

Run Away. Its not sitting in a pawn shop with cardboard oil rag under it for no reason. My local shop has had four used "custom" choppers sitting on the floor for six months. Uncomfortable, unsafe, unwanted. Its a re-hashed fad thats seen its time.

yea thats what I was afraid of. how can it be pissing oil just sitting there?

Haha yea bro youre up in maine. My family has a house on Sebago lake.

I live 5 minutes from sebago and boat and ski there all summer, small world.

The pics your posted weren't up when I saw the thread originally. so I didn't notice the cardboard.

Like the other guy said, run, don't walk away.

A RIB style chopper, what fun. Double your money, doubt it , look at our local craigslist , things just arn't selling unless you want to give them away. Even if your trying to give something away, not many have the cash.

If you like the bike, and thats what you want for the right price. Get it , and have fun.

I live 5 minutes from sebago and boat and ski there all summer, small world.

The pics your posted weren't up when I saw the thread originally. so I didn't notice the cardboard.

Like the other guy said, run, don't walk away.

if it was a steal then the employees would have picked it up already. I was wondering what the catch was. They were skechy employees in there with SS Nazi tattoos on their necks.