Sign in to follow this  

Dyno mapping with Kawi FI Software

Has anyone done any dyno mapping with the Kawi software on an 09/10? I've started playing with the software, but am reluctant to get too crazy with mapping as I'm still breaking in/getting used to the bike. I'm curious to hear what works on these bikes. It would be cool if we could get a database thread started like the YZ450 forum for good changes based on riding styles and conditions. The YZ guys seem to have some pretty good "tunes" out there that work real good.

I've gotten into it a fair bit since I modded my bike a lot over the winter. There are fail safes to some extent built into the software so you are reasonably safe. My recommendation is to load up all the maps that come with the software and ride each one on the track in the same day and write down your findings and then you can look at those maps and taylor them to your riding style and modifications to your bike. Another tip for adjusting the fuel curve or ignition curve is to adjust them in 1 point increments that way you should be safe and use the data logger to record your parameters that way you have an idea what is going on inside your engine. Ultimately we need either a sniffer up the pipe, this option only avalable on a chassis dyno or if you have access to a tig welder get them to weld a lambda sensor port into your exhaust and then you can get the air/fuel ratio and adjust it to the perfect ratio. Good luck my friend