Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Will he or won't he? Reed update

from his site. Found this on vital. Seems unlikely he will race Daytona.

Hey ladies and gentlemen, hope you are all doing good!

Sorry its taken this long to get on here but I’ve been wide open working on my health, my hand injury and of course, becoming a dad. I’ve been spending a lot of time going to the birth classes… yes, I do go…and ‘wow’ is all I have to say. Then we’ve also been working on the Australian Super X for this year in between travelling to the various SX races over here. Plus I’ve been trying hard to put together a team in Australia before the MX begins in a month.

All is coming along for me, my hand is pretty good, just trying to get it stronger. I rode for the first time in six weeks a few days back, that was a lot of fun. It was awesome to get back on the bike after a lot of time off. I can still let the clutch out and shift gears…big relief! Reading some of the things on here made me think I was as good as done, but we shall see!

If there ever was a good time to get hurt this was it for me. Out of all the negatives, so many positives have come from the time off. I had a lot to sort out and I feel I’ve made big inroads. I’m not 100% yet but I can assure you I am fully committed to getting there, not sure just yet when and where I’ll race. I’d love to think Daytona but after riding only once in six weeks it could be a long shot.

Hopefully I’ll be back racing soon and give you guys something to cheer for. I’ll keep you posted.

- Chad

Bout time Reed.Man up and get back out there.He had done done alot of racing the last year the break may of done him good.

Was hoping to be able to put him in my picks this week. I dont think we'll see him this week though

Was hoping to be able to put him in my picks this week. I dont think we'll see him this week though

Don't we only pick the top 5? I hope he gets back out there soon too but I am not sure he is top 5 for a while.

Yeah 1 time on the bike and not 100% isn't top 5 material.

He won last years Daytona, so it would be a good one for him to make a comeback in.

If he's 100% when he comes back, he will be a top 5 maybe even a top 3 with a chance at the top spot.

If he's 100% when he comes back, he will be a top 5 maybe even a top 3 with a chance at the top spot.

Top spot????

pipe_dream_01.png

Don't we only pick the top 5? I hope he gets back out there soon too but I am not sure he is top 5 for a while.

Yes we do. But you have to admit, whether it is Reedy or James coming back it would be hard NOT to put them in the picks. I know realistically it may take a while to get the webs out, but still.

Plus, I'm not sure if I have brought this up before or not but I have a lead to protect in Rando's SX pool...

Yes we do. But you have to admit, whether it is Reedy or James coming back it would be hard NOT to put them in the picks. I know realistically it may take a while to get the webs out, but still.

Plus, I'm not sure if I have brought this up before or not but I have a lead to protect in Rando's SX pool...

Reed didn't look that good the first 2 races before he got hurt and I don't see him hopping back on and improving much over that.

You are leading?? W TF ???

rigged.jpg

Reed didn't look that good the first 2 races before he got hurt and I don't see him hopping back on and improving much over that.

You are leading?? W TF ???

rigged.jpg

Yea, I didnt really want to bring it up, but I'm kind of a big deal around here.:thumbsup:

Is it just me or does Reed have ulterior motives with this whole Australian thing. Don’t get me wrong – all the power to him. But considering that for next year and CP moving up, I see all this as him manoeuvring to bow out gracefully before CP and RV trounce him. Then again I could be way off....

Yea, I didnt really want to bring it up, but I'm kind of a big deal around here.:thumbsup:

Oh shit you just opened the flood gates. johnnyrunner will be along any time to tell you about his marathon abilities and how you aren't shit and :ride::blah::lol: The JS haters will string you up for being a cocky prick. The Reed haters will say you are whining about something and a cocky prick. The JLaw lovers will be saying ya but will you be remembered because you did it without anyone talking about you. Don't even think about thanking your sponsors or a deity.

Is it just me or does Reed have ulterior motives with this whole Australian thing. Don’t get me wrong – all the power to him. But considering that for next year and CP moving up, I see all this as him manoeuvring to bow out gracefully before CP and RV trounce him. Then again I could be way off....

I would imagine he and JS are wondering how far up their game they are going to have to go to compete with these hungry young guys.

Oh shit you just opened the flood gates. johnnyrunner will be along any time to tell you about his marathon abilities and how you aren't shit and :thumbsup::blah::ride: The JS haters will string you up for being a cocky prick. The Reed haters will say you are whining about something and a cocky prick. The JLaw lovers will be saying ya but will you be remembered because you did it without anyone talking about you. Don't even think about thanking your sponsors or a deity.

:lol::lol: All valid points! I will be back under my rock if you need me...

:thumbsup::lol: All valid points! I will be back under my rock if you need me...

Send your picks in first tho...I need some points. Is there a way to cut the track on the picks game? I promise I will let you by when you get close. Just got a flashback of JLaw, CR and Millsaps sitting at the table after the race and them laughing at JLaw and JLaw playing with his hair like a 7th grade chick.

Just got a flashback of JLaw, CR and Millsaps sitting at the table after the race and them laughing at JLaw and JLaw playing with his hair like a 7th grade chick.

Dammit and I had to watch it again...watch Davi's reaction to JLaw at around the 52sec mark.

Dammit and I had to watch it again...watch Davi's reaction to JLaw at around the 52sec mark.

That was what I remembered.

... and Davi's "shot" at 3:35. :thumbsup: