Sign in to follow this  

Washington Odessa's desert 100 riders list and discussion.

So I was looking at the "first desert 100" thread and decided I wanted to do this.(and if there is a thread like this let me know)

I wanted anyone that was going to the d100 this year to post on here if you’re going, and who with(IE family, friends, along) along with the bike you’ll be riding, and the bike's of who is going with you. what events you will be riding in, what ones your looking forward to the most. and any tips or tricks for anyone who reads this. ill go ahead and start.

For sure I have 4 people going with me

I am going, and will be on my 08 wr450f. my 2nd year riding the d100 on this bike. 5th year riding the d100

my friend, Randy, who gets back from iraq 2 days before we will leave, will be going and he will be on a 02 wr250f, that me and his dad are going to get tomorrow for him. its going to be his first time back on a dirt bike in 5 years, and first timer to the d100

another friend of mine, Brian, will be going, and riding my old 1998 ttr250, and is a vary new rider, and fist timer

my cousin is going and will be on his cr125r and it is also his first d100. first timer, and I’m pretty sure he’s going to get hurt

the maybe's for my group is my dad, on a 05 crf450x, 6 year going

family friend bill, on a xr650 6th year going

my sister on a ttr125 first timer

and my brother in low on his yz426f 2nd year

if we do go i will be in a mid 90's s10 blazer with a small black enclosed trailer. Feel free to stop by and hang out, we'll have beer, and food galore, we will have something on the truck(most likely in the windshield) that says TT on it, if you want people to know you are on the site, do the same. if you want to camp with us, pm me and let me know, all are welcome

Edited by naur112

Nice group of people going with you there, son! How you gonna get them all into an S10 Blazer?:thumbsup: I'll pray for your cousin and the "friend" on the TTR 250...they'll need it.

I'm solo-ing it as per usual when I do an event unless I can convince my long-suffering spouse to come along. Riding the vintage class on the IT 250...goal is finish 1 lap in 3 hours.:ride: I think I can do it if I ride smart and keep my cool at the start.

I am going with my 07 250sxf. It will actually be me and the bikes second time doing the dez 100 but I don't think I will be doing the poker run this year.

My fiancee and sister will probably go to but only to watch.

Man I am so stoked!!!

I'm solo-ing it as per usual when I do an event unless I can convince my long-suffering spouse to come along. Riding the vintage class on the IT 250...goal is finish 1 lap in 3 hours.:thumbsup: I think I can do it if I ride smart and keep my cool at the start.

I think it would be a lot of fun to build up a nice vintage bike. my dream would be to make a version of a Yamaha HL500 out of a tt500 and some newer pieces from some other bikes and race it in the vintage class.

http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/classic-bikes-2/yamaha-hl500.jpg

I'll be soloing it on my 06 ktm 525xc. My goal is to get some good helmet cam footage this year and avoid the silt beds.Lol.

most likely going with my wife and will meet my dad, mom and sister over there. ill be on an 04 ktm 450mxc

I'll be there with my wife’s mini-van pulling my 08 wr450f and relying on the kindness of friends for help in the pits. I'll have friends competing from Montana, Oregon, Nevada, California and Washington so should be O.K.

my cousin is going and will be on his cr125r and it is also his first d100. first timer, and I’m pretty sure he’s going to get hurt

Make him carry plenty of gas, a form of communication and a good med kit...

Im going with my dad and some family friends, we will be riding KLX 450s and doin the big race again

Nice group of people going with you there, son! How you gonna get them all into an S10 Blazer?:thumbsup: I'll pray for your cousin and the "friend" on the TTR 250...they'll need it.

me and one friend will be in the blazer,(me and randy on the wr250) there also will be a toyota 4 runner(the friend riding the ttr)

if my dad goes he will be in a lifted 06 chevy

sis will be in a toyota tacoma.

bill will bring his camper.

that would be knarly if we all fit in a blazer

This will be my 4th time going (not consecutively). Riding my '03 WR 450.

Brother going with me, will iether be on his 2000 WR 400 or on a new bike, if we get it sold and a new bike for him in time. his 3rd time at the des., along with our usual riding group from the Colville area.

Both of us just running the iron man. Will iether be driving his black '90 f150 or the old man's '00 red super duty.

I can't wait iether. It will be a big change from the pogo-sticked KDX i had last year :thumbsup:

and by the way... whoever drove in right before me last year, you LEFT TOO EARLY!! i was ONE number away from getting that scooter and you were nowhere to be found, i woulda been riding that in the ironman this year had i gotten it :ride:

This will be my 5th year of the D-100, riding solo since I lost my riding partner 2 years ago. If the passes are clear of snow will be taking the 36' motorhome with my wife as the co-pilot and the cat as the navigator, if snow in the passes will be solo camping in the 95 GMC, riding a 98 KX 250. My goal this year is to keep the rubber side down at all times.

My girlfriend, two dogs, myself, and 2009 KTM 250 XCW desert weapon. Meeting up with quite a few other 5 o' niners. Going there the last six years. Riding poker run and race. Stumpjumpers do a heck of a job putting on a great event. Wouldn't miss it.

This is our 3rd year going. Last two years it was just me and my brother, this year we got the two of us plus his wife and even my parents decided to come! I'll be doing the dual sport poker run saturday on my XR650L, and my bro on his KLR650 and his wife on a XT350. Sunday I plan (keyword, plan) on doing the race on my YZ426. Should be a fun year!

I'll be up with about 6 guys, most of them are doing to Dual-sport and Poker run and I'll be doing the 100 for the first time. I'll be on a 2006 YZ450F set-up for desert. I'll be bringing my 28' Desert Fox and plenty of beer and XBOX.

Chad

My daughter and I are planning to go.

Me on my DRZ400S

She on her DRZ125L

Plan is to do the Ironman Run on Saturday and see how we feel. If we're up to it, we'll sign up for the 50 mile race on Sunday.

My daughter and I are planning to go.

Me on my DRZ400S

She on her DRZ125L

Plan is to do the Ironman Run on Saturday and see how we feel. If we're up to it, we'll sign up for the 50 mile race on Sunday.

For all you folks that are a 'maybe' for the Sunday race keep in mind that some of the very best riding out there is on the parts of the race course that the poker run does not follow and is not accessable except during the race. :thumbsup: