Sign in to follow this  

ok, what now,

right, have 3x3, k&n filter, f2dogs jetted carb and a slip on of dubious origin,

It goes like stink but on the overun pops and bangs embarrasingly, even when i blip it it's the same, please say i haven't gotta take the carb off again.

sounds like an air leak somewhere. Check the rubbers to and from the carb ,and check if there's a leak in the exhausts port of the cylinder top.

i tried spraying carb cleaner on it while it's idling to see if it would change, no difference so i don't think it's sucking air from the manifold,

Some decel popping is usual, have you posted your jetting on the jetting forum?

Dan

Hi Dan, it's more than popping, it's exploding like a vintage car, hehe, it ran ok on f2's bike, i guess i gotta take the carb off again and clean everything, the bike's like new so it's almost certainly carburation.

Hi Dan, it's more than popping, it's exploding like a vintage car, hehe, it ran ok on f2's bike, i guess i gotta take the carb off again and clean everything, the bike's like new so it's almost certainly carburation.

What size of jets have you got in there ??? Excessive popping is commonly a very lean mixture.

Are you header and gasket in good shape ? Leaks there make it noise too.

Edited by tedmagnum

not sure what you mean by headers.

Well, in a single it is just one "header"

The "header pipe" is the exhaust pipe that fits into your engine head. Its held with 2 bolts which compresses a soft metal ring or gasket to form an airtight seal.

It could be leaking badly which would explain the excessive banging.

You put another persons carb on without making sure the jetting was right for you application? Jetting is almost certain to be your issue.

It has a Dynojet stg.2 jetkit.

Don't remember ,but the main is 155-160 ,and it's dj needle in it.

Ran great on mine, yoshi rs3 and a athena bb (could be lean on a std. bore) ??

Well i'm sea level in asia, the only jets i have are the ones in the carb from f2, or the standard ones, maybe i'll just ignore it, i get stared at all the time anyway so it's no big deal,