Sign in to follow this  

This could be it.

I had a MRI done on my neck and back, it showed bulging disc in my lower back, degeneration in my vertebrae in my neck and back, and the Neuro foramen is squeezing my spinal cord in my neck and back. This has been very painful for years, I decided to go for a ride this Sunday and see if I will be able to deal with it, I think it is over after Sunday. I'm sure there is people out there with worst issues than mine and continue to ride, but is it worth the misery for days after?

untitled-2.jpg

Yup its worth it, only live once and i don't feel like living a boring life. I've got a crushed T8, disks on both sides of T8 messed up and degeneration in my lower back. I need to get my neck looked at next.

Depends if your going to do permenant damage...Get it fixed and start living.A friend of mine just had his lower back fused and wished he'd done it years ago.

I had a MRI done on my neck and back, it showed bulging disc in my lower back, degeneration in my vertebrae in my neck and back, and the Neuro foramen is squeezing my spinal cord in my neck and back. This has been very painful for years, I decided to go for a ride this Sunday and see if I will be able to deal with it, I think it is over after Sunday. I'm sure there is people out there with worst issues than mine and continue to ride, but is it worth the misery for days after?

untitled-2.jpg

Its easy for people to say "you only live once". But as much as I love riding there are much more important things in life.

You need to weigh your options. If you have a family that you need to support, or that would have to support you if something were to happen.

Dying or injuring yourself permanently doing what you love is admirable if your Travis Pastrana or Evel Knievel but most of us have real responsibilities in life.

Doing what you love is one thing but don't be selfish and leave a burden on the people around you.

Its easy for people to say "you only live once". But as much as I love riding there are much more important things in life.

You need to weigh your options. If you have a family that you need to support, or that would have to support you if something were to happen.

Dying or injuring yourself permanently doing what you love is admirable if your Travis Pastrana or Evel Knievel but most of us have real responsibilities in life.

Doing what you love is one thing but don't be selfish and leave a burden on the people around you.

^ What he said!! :thumbsup:

I have 3 bulging/compromised lumbar discs. My days of triples and even most doubles are over... well they really never started. I don't know what your therapy is, and I'm no Doctor anyway. Anyway I am old enough and wise enough to know I have to stretch daily, and I ride my ride. Let the kids show off. I smile and enjoy riding just as much as they do!

I have 3 bulging/compromised lumbar discs. My days of triples and even most doubles are over... well they really never started. I don't know what your therapy is, and I'm no Doctor anyway. Anyway I am old enough and wise enough to know I have to stretch daily, and I ride my ride. Let the kids show off. I smile and enjoy riding just as much as they do!

I start traction therapy next week. I'm going to ride at comfortable pace on Sunday, bad thing is there's a lot of rocks that are going to beat me to death. I stand most of the time and let my legs take the punishment.