Sign in to follow this  

Tennessee Where to ride - Brimstone or Hatfield McCoy?

A small group of us are heading down to ride March 26,27,28 from Michigan and can't decide between Brimstone and Buffalo Mtn. in Hatfiled McCoy.

I like LBL but the 12 hour ride seems like a PITA.

If you had to choose between the two for nice single track and 2-track (we are spoiled with Mich. trails) where would you pick?

Thanks!

H-M Buffalo Mountain has great trails. The single track is technical. Most of the single track is first and second gear riding over rocky terrain. Checkout this video of sections on Buffalo Mtn. single track 199.

Most of the current single track is new last year. I help design the single track trails here. There are more trails currently in process to be opened by next month. I can show you large technical hill climbs also if interested. My inn caters to riders right at the trailhead.

www.BlueGooseInnWV.com

The post "riding in Ky or Tn" says that brimstone's single track was logged and closed.

Bill

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By RSS Feed
      Toad Suck Harley Davidson is looking to grow the family.  We need a full time, quick learning, self-motivated, dedicated, and friendly new associate to help take our store/parts department to the next level.  Job duties include but are not limited to customer service, parts research, sales, cash handling, team work, and inventory.  If you are that person  contact:
      Jason Beckwith
      Toad Suck Harley-Davidson
      501-327-0817
      jbeckwith@toadsuckhd.com

Location: conway Job Type: Full Time Company: TOADSUCK HARLEY-DAVIDSON Posted 3 days ago View the full job listing
    • By ox715
      Does anyone on here ride the White Sulfur OHV Trails by Cave Run Lake in Kentucky? The USFS maps don't show any singletrack on their maps but I think I found an actual motorcycle trail out there by accident a couple weeks ago. There weren't any signs and I haven't talked to any park rangers about it yet but you can tell there was a trail actually cut in at some point. The first day I found it there were some recent dirt bike tracks in the dirt (I've since worn it out...). Just wondering if there's any more out there?
    • By CaptJack95
      Just got back into the hobby and looking for people to ride with in the NWA area. I’d like to go check out Mill creek but I have never been. Anyone have experience there?
    • By HSV-DirtRider
      I have chosen to ask this question in a regional forum. The North Alabama/TN Valley terrain has lots of rocks and roots. 

What are riders in this area using and what does everyone like here? Many use a Shinko 505 and some a AT81's etc... What is the all around  go to tire in this area?

My bike is an 09 CRF250X. I am considering a Shinko MX216 fatty in the front and the Shinko 505 or 525 for the rear.

What do you use or recommend?
    • By billyp10925
      My family is thinking of one day relocating to Tennessee. Probably the Chatanooga area. How are the trails for dirt bike riding? Are there public trails? Places nearby to race harescrambles? We would love to be close to the lake with easy access to some offroad dirtbike fun. Thank you ahead of time for responses.