Sign in to follow this  

Athena 280 kit

How much horse power will be gained when the kit is installed and can you get the same gain from a pipe

the big bore kit gives you a ton of bottom, i wouldnt say on the dyno that you would gain even a horse at peak power, but if you look at the power curve there will be a large increase in low end hp numbers.

I wouldnt expect much power with just a pipe. maybe with a ton of jetting and timing along with $20 a gallon race gas it might make it worth it. and with the pipe your lookin at small gains all the way around with a little over rev.

From my experience with a 280 is that, rater then HP, it gives you a ton of torque from bottom to top. but with only a 280 kit and no other mods, the engine does become a little slugish and the power seems to build slower then the normal 250cc.

I am hoping for at least 4 HP. Mine is gonna be done next week. Athena 280 Hotcams stage 2 cam, ported head, full yoshimura ti/ carbon exhaust and hotrods heavy duty crank. Its going in an 07 crf250.

Who is porting the head... It makes a big difference.

And, are they porting it knowing that a 280cc kit is going into it?

Who is porting the head... It makes a big difference.

And, are they porting it knowing that a 280cc kit is going into it?

White Knuckle motorsports out of Rockford Illinois. They are putting the 280 kit in and doing all of the work. Here is a link

http://www.398race.com/White_Knuckle.php