Sign in to follow this  

BMW to purchase MV Agusta?

This just in from motociclismo.it... Rumors are floating around Italy that BMW and a group of investors are about to purchase MV Agusta from Harley Davidson.

If this is the case MV Agusta would once again be reunited with the Husqvarna brand.

MV has found a buyer?

Milan 3 March 2010 - There are rumors about possible interested in the acquisition of MV Agusta, which, as is officially owned by Harley-Davidson. Harley-Davidson has decided to divest the MV Agusta brand and it seems that the purchase will be made later by BMW and a group of entrepreneurs headed by Mario Moretti Polegato, owner of Geox, the Italian footwear industry and fashion.

Stay tuned for more info........

• Like 1

Husky and MV Augusta are connected surely? My 07 TE 450 has mv augusta on the back of the manual and on the plates stamped on the head stem. I figured it must have come out of the mv augusta factory.

Husky and MV Augusta are connected surely? My 07 TE 450 has mv augusta on the back of the manual and on the plates stamped on the head stem. I figured it must have come out of the mv augusta factory.

Thats because Husky used to be owned by MV Augusta. Now they are owned by BMW. So its interesting that Husky's current owner might buy their former owner.

Yes and MV basically bled husqvarna dry leaving little money for R&D etc. Shouldn't be possible under this scenario, though.

I like it. Two amazing brands. I hope they do it and do well with the bike, it deserves it. If you have never seen one up close do so, amazing engineering and manufacture.

I would say MV Augusta's are my favourite looking street bikes and Husky's are by far the best looking dirt bikes. If they join together hopefully we will get amazing results in the near future!

An interesting turn of events :thumbsup:

*if it all goes through.

Thank you for posting this information *munches popcorn*

I'm all for a German overseeing my next bike being put together, the last Italian Fella had a little too much "she'll be right" attitude going on!

Let the Italians design them, but keep them off the tools!

I'm all for a German overseeing my next bike being put together, the last Italian Fella had a little too much "she'll be right" attitude going on!

Let the Italians design them, but keep them off the tools!

I think a more appropriate owner of MV Agusta and Husqvarna would be Ferrari. What could be better?

How about Husky owned by its self again? Then all these BS wanna bee dirt bike companies could get off at the next stop light ....

Edited by ray_ray

Two companies owned by BMW who couldn't survive on their own:

http://www.rolls-roycemotorcars.com

http://www.mini.com

I can confidently say that if it wasn't for BMW both of these brands wouldn't be what they are today....

One thing in common is BMW makes smart moves and that's why they are where they are today.

I'm sure in two years everyone is going to be real happy with where the Husqvarna brand is.

JustSayen

BlipBlip/HuskyRips :banana:

I'm sure in two years everyone is going to be real happy with where the Husqvarna brand is.

With a 09 WR125 and 2010 TXC250 in a garage now I could not be more happy now :banana:

THIS JUST IN FROM PANORAMA.IT: (translated with Google Lang tools)

BMW also among potential buyers of MV Agusta

It is now only a matter of time: a couple of weeks or so and the fate of MV Agusta will be written. D-Day in which the identity of the buyer will be unveiled will start by the end of this month. Crushing the presence of BMW in the list of possible candidates, although the Bavarian house did not introduce any confirmation.

Another name that evokes some surprise - not least because never before have we seen on the side of the world two wheels - is that of Mario Moretti Polegato, owner of the Venetian Geox.

The only certainty for now is that Harley Davidson now owns the house Varese will sharpen his property and which has ceased production of his other trademark Buell, is more sure than ever wanting to get rid of the Italian pearl purchased July 2008 shelling out 70 million euros. In a moment, however, that in terms of production, Mv is the best, with the latest versions of her naked Brutale (990 R and 1090RR) and supersportiv F4 is having an excellent market for both the critics .

If the rumors on the passage of the mark in German hands Schiranna be true, BMW actually reunite a structure that she herself had contributed to the split in July 2007 by acquiring Husqvarna hitherto properties, like the MV Agusta's Cagiva Claudio Castiglioni.

Pending, therefore, to know the fate of the legendary label, Enjoy it with our gallery with the best shots of the Brutale and F4.

http://blog.panorama.it/autoemoto/2010/03/08/anche-bmw-tra-i-potenziali-acquirenti-di-mv-agusta/

Yeah even though BMW bought Husqvarna after MV Augusta bought them Harley still owns the factory in Italy where the bikes are built.

Well the plot thickens! Or is this just another way for the Italians to try and bid up the value of the MV Agusta brand during a recession.

The family of the Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi is now interest in the purchase of MV Agusta.

As posted in Motociclismo.it and translated with google translation tools.

Milan March 16, 2010 - The family of Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi might be interested in MV Agusta.

Paul, the brother of the Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, is increasingly mentioned in the italian press regarding the sale of MV Agusta. Paolo Berlusconi has interests in motorcycle manufacturing because of his ownership in Garelli.

Garelli markets scooters that are designed and conceived in Italy, but manufactured now in China. Garelli's next step is to assemble them directly to Europe.

Of course it would be really good news if true according to Motociclismo.it, this after months of uncertainty over the fate of the MV Agusta brand.

For those unfamiliar Harley-Davidson closed Buell production, without even bothering to find a possible buyer and this was one of the most innovative brands around the in the landscape of motorcycling.

Again that was from Motociclismo.it and translated with google translation tools.:banana:

Someone brought up Mini-- BMW turned them into a sporty, award winning, and well known brand. However, the luxury brand Range Rover-- BMW dumped them after only 2 or 4 years (don't know exactly), and it cost them a lot of money.

Someone brought up Mini-- BMW turned them into a sporty, award winning, and well known brand. However, the luxury brand Range Rover-- BMW dumped them after only 2 or 4 years (don't know exactly), and it cost them a lot of money.

Range Rover was bleeding money and now looking back at what GM did to Hummer as we as what Ford did to the Excursion it might seem that BMW knew that a big 4x4 designed for both the European and Asian markets wasn't sustainable in the long run? Why invest all that money building a brand up, when you know it's going to die in the end.

Rolls Royce... a lot of money went into that one and the cards are still out.

Mini on the other hand has been a home run from day one.

JustSayen

Translated by Google Translation tools from www.motociclismo.it

Berlusconi (Paul) offers 2.9 million for Moto Morini.

At EICMA by a Garelli 400cc maxi scooter?

Milan April 13, 2010 - Paolo Berlusconi will save the Moto Morini. With a bid of 2.9 million, the Milanese businessman, owner of Garelli, and brother of Prime Minister, is in pole position to win the historic mark of Bologna, together with the projects, equipment and chains Assembly of the establishment of Casalecchio di Reno in the sale also includes the 1200 cc V-twin engines designed to equip future models, beginning with the GranFerro, drawn from Motorsports preview in the September 2009, we tested in October 2009 and intended to go into production later this year. The offer of Paolo Berlusconi was sidelined a consortium of German businessmen headed by Morini dealer in Germany, thus avoiding the mark, tied to much of the history of Italian motorcycling (including the first victory of Giacomo Agostini) entered the foreign hands.

Berlusconi's bid, submitted by Garelli, must now be submitted to meeting of creditors by the liquidator. If awarded, the business plans of Morini would obviously be implemented, perhaps to make some news in time for the next exhibition in Milan. Garelli perhaps even a scooter equipped with an engine of 400 cc Morirni. Berlusconi is not starting from scratch. Garelli technical staff are, in fact, already part of good technicians from April, as Dr Gianpaolo Rocco, an expert in business, technical and Joseph Bernicchia with previous experience in the racing department of Aprilia and BMW.

Paolo Berlusconi has recently talked about as possible buyer of MV Agusta , put up for sale last summer by Harley Davidson.

So I wonder which way MV Agusta is going to swing?[/1]