Sign in to follow this  

150 power mods?

:bonk:What would be the most bang for the buck? I have a 2004 crf150f,with all new suspension mods,works shock,USD forks, fmf pipe,rejet carb, air box mods. Would it be better to do a big bore kit on my motor or find a 230 motor and start from there. I have been reading about the older 150 starter gears giving up after big bore mods and the 230 has a 6spd trans.I dont care anything about the elec. start on the 230 and wouldnt use it if I was to go with the 230 motor. We do trail riding only no racing other than the very fast riding and racing each other.There is alot of ideas out there about which big bore kit to use.

:bonk:What would be the most bang for the buck? I have a 2004 crf150f,with all new suspension mods,works shock,USD forks, fmf pipe,rejet carb, air box mods. Would it be better to do a big bore kit on my motor or find a 230 motor and start from there. I have been reading about the older 150 starter gears giving up after big bore mods and the 230 has a 6spd trans.I dont care anything about the elec. start on the 230 and wouldnt use it if I was to go with the 230 motor. We do trail riding only no racing other than the very fast riding and racing each other.There is alot of ideas out there about which big bore kit to use.

I should have my '04 150F engine back from being rebuilt into a 223cc engine, with heavy duty kick start gears, in about a week. I was in the same boat as you for quite a while and figured this would be the best route for me to take. Send Mike Coe an email and he'll answer any questions you may have in regards to building your engine into a 230.