Sign in to follow this  

Slight hesitation?

Just got my son a 2004 YZ125 and put an FMF fatty on it.Yesterday at the track I was flying up and down the pit road on it(we were the only two people at the track),really wringing it out,and I noticed there was a slight.....bog right after I shifted up into the next gear.Not real bad or anything,but it felt like it would sort of fall off the pipe(or powerband)for just a second.Keep in mind I weigh 230 pounds,so maybe I'm asking too much of the little bugger.In my mind ,if I'm making that thing scream as I'm going through the gears,it shouldn't drop off at all.I have an 02 426 and just started riding again 2 years ago after a 30 year layoff,so maybe I just don't remember 2 stroke performance that well.My son is still learning too,and he knows even less than I do about exactly how a bike should feel. Thanks.P.S.....I don't remember if that hesitation was there or not with the stock pipe.

Lean needle clip position or lean main.. :thumbsup: Make one adjustment, then test.. Then one more adjustment, then test.. If ya do too much at once, you wont know what fixed it :ride: Good Luck