Sign in to follow this  

Matomi Wash Pre Run 2/28/2010

Matomi Wash has changed quite a bit from my recollection. In some areas, particularly the beginning, the sand has risen up to 6 feet! The course as I knew it, although I haven't been through in over a year, is very different and lines have changed from flooding.

Here is a video of a pre-run I did alone the last weekend so some of the racers who haven't seen it can maybe get an idea. There are new rocks I've never seen and the ones I remember are gone and burried. The once wide open white knuckle lines coming out are now interrupted by an occasional wash out.

I hope this helps.

Chris Parker

www.teamcprfab.com

(Not sure how to embed the video so it appears here. If anyone can help me it would be appreciated.)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl56QOYcaLA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl56QOYcaLA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

There are new rocks I've never seen and the ones I remember are gone and burried. The once wide open white knuckle lines coming out are now interrupted by an occasional wash out.

A wise friend stated to me the other day, talking about the post flood conditions; "Lots of people are going to get ____ up riding areas they think they know like the back of their hand"

mtz

A wise friend stated to me the other day, talking about the post flood conditions; "Lots of people are going to get ____ up riding areas they think they know like the back of their hand"

mtz

Matomi is defininately is one of them.

Looks like fun............... if you're on a bike. Might be a little tedious for trucks and buggies.

It'll get worse after all the trucks try to pre-run that. I can imagine lots of holes and ruts as lots will probably get stuck. Be safe out there guys!

Edited by guycomer

After prerunning last weekend, I'am hoping that the trucks and bugies burn in a path for the first few miles of Matomi. Even worse is the waterfall halfway up Huatamote wheres the footage of that one!