Sign in to follow this  

Softer IC srpings

Hi guys, I have revalved my 2010 KX250F twice and I am quite happy with the results (more plushness and progressivity). I still would like a little bit more plushness but don t want to send it back a 3rd time. I m thinking about softer IC srpings.

Clikers : rebound - 13, compression -22, oil volume 385 cc. I sometimes bottom so very HS comp is OK. Wheight : 140 lbs. Tracks : mostly rough hard packed mx.

I understand a lower rate IC spring will soften the LS compression damping wich is what I want.

BUT what will be the effects on medium to HS comp damping? And what will be the effects on low/medium/HS rebound damping?

If there are effects, are they really important or can I erase them by adding oil and turning in/out the rebound clicker?

Do you know what is the stock rate of the 2010 KX250F and what rate would you recommend?

Also, for those who have tested it and linear ones, what do you think of the merge racing progressive spring? Is there a real difference?

Cheers!!

I'm in the same boat. My botteming and mid stroke is perfect. The top is two harsh. I've read alot of people who like progressive springs for the inner chamber springs.

There's also issue of changing the floating piston will help a tad also.

Good luck with your endevour.