Sign in to follow this  

YZ 250 tops the podium

Whoever made that rule change was an idiot, 250 2t will eat a 250 4t alive! I wanna see some helmet cam of that stroker through the woods!

There might not be a huge difference on the track but off road the 2 stroke has a huge advantage.

GNCC just scored a fan. Good on them for letting the riders choose their weapon and compete with the factory 250F's.

Hope to see some privateers out there legitimately competing against the factories.

jesse robinson finshed second in xc2 on a privateer ktm 2 stroke.:thumbsup:

Thats the way it should be. Lets see how many thumpers win now that the playing field has been evened. Looks like KTM and Yamaha were the smart ones, the thumper craze wouldnt last forever. I am not bashing four strokes either, i ride a YZF250. I think they fill the gaps. Maybe a 125 doesnt do it for you, but a 250 two stroke is a bit to powerful, a 250f can fill the gap.

Its only fair..I mean, geez they are the same size motor. Too bad if one only fires every 4-strokes.

Watch, the factory teams will start using 250 2t's......:thumbsup: Ok, I know, I'm dreaming.....that would lead to R&D tho...

Great news. Finally someone w/ some sense, class by displacement.

MAX!!!

This is great for guy who cant afford the four stroke budget. Racing used to be open to a wider range of people. Now its for the rich. I have a 03 yz 250 and love it. I jump on the 4 stroke craze when it first started, it has it's advantages, cost of ownership is not one of them.

thought this was cool news worth sharing. jason thomas took advantage of the new true 250 lites class (XC2) in GNCC. here is the full story. by the way a ktm 250 two stroke got 2nd place! scroll half way down the report http://gnccracing.com/articles/1975_strang-wins-parts-unlimited-florida-gncc

Cool!!!! 2 strokes are better than 4 strokes! :thumbsup:

Moreso, Yamaha's are ALL-THE-TIME better than any KTM's :ride:

1624webthomas1.jpg

YZ 2 strokes (YZ250 and YZ125) are such great bikes in hard enduro! :thumbsup::ride:

....Who says orange bikes climb better than YZ's? :lol: