Sign in to follow this  

KTM 530 XC-W Sixdays

Anyone rode this 2010 roost machine yet? I'm lookng for some thoughts and input on how she rides... I may be purchasing one very soon.:thumbsup:

Wicked fun. My 09 530 exc is the best handling bike I have ever owned. Goes faster than you need to go. A little flat feeling in the suspension riding in the tight rocks down in first and second gear, like magic turning up in the higher gears.

Not a rookie bike, the better you ride the more comfortable you will be.

I haven't rode the '10 six days, but I recently bought an '09 530 xc-w, so a very similar version. Still too much snow to ride single track in the mts. but I have been able to ride a bit in the desert. My previous ride was a '00 yz 426f. IMHO there is no comparison. The 530 handles amazingly well and the power is excellent. I'm happy to have made the switch.

I have a '10 450 XC-W SixDays ... Great bike! I would highly suggest the 450/530!

Thanks for the input...hopefully get to test ride both 450/530 in the comming weeks. As soon as my XR sells I will be owning one of tose two bikes....can't make up my mind which one yet! It's a bummer though, dealer will only let me take it up the paved street for a test (doesn't want me getting her all dirty I supose!)

What would you guys recommend for an after market pipe on one of these bikes...I hate the way they sound, I want my buddies to hear me coming up their :thumbsup:~! I'm gonna miss my XR's roar!

What kind of riding do you do mostly? More single track, minimal street = 450; if you're a big guy, plan dual sporting or ride wide open desert = 530....505 might be a bit of an animal comming from an XR....i would have gotten the 450 if i didnt live in Arizona....power and weight are very similiar between 450/530...with the 530 having more torque and slight heavier feel with a bigger piston moving around, the 450 revs a little faster...

the 505 is a lot closer gear ratio gear box, the 505 is a cloed course bike ...the 530 is a true multipurpose tool, does everything very well with very few sacrifices.

as far as pipe, the fmf q4 is probably the best bang for the buck, but just doing the derestrictor inside the muffler helps alot, or you can put in a sx xc end cap.

jd jet kit is a must, on their website they have a few dyno charts and the stock pipe with the restictor cut out puts out almost the exact same power as the fmf and other aftermarket and is a bit quieter which you may not want but it is better for our riding rights protection issues....just a thought

What would you guys recommend for an after market pipe on one of these bikes...I hate the way they sound, I want my buddies to hear me coming up their :thumbsup:~! I'm gonna miss my XR's roar!

Don't waste money on an after market exhaust. All the stock exhaust needs to obtain excellent performance and sound is removal of the restrictor in the end piece.

Don't waste money on an after market exhaust. All the stock exhaust needs to obtain excellent performance and sound is removal of the restrictor in the end piece.

Thanks~! saves some money to!:thumbsup:

call them, im sure they have one it just may not be added to the web page yet.

great peple, helpful on the phone

What would you guys recommend for an after market pipe on one of these bikes...I hate the way they sound, I want my buddies to hear me coming up their :ride:~! I'm gonna miss my XR's roar!

Loud 4 strokes get ridding areas closed we don't need anymore enemies :thumbsup: If want to change the muffler get a FMF Q.

I went to JD's website, do they make a jet kit for the 2010 530 XC-W?

It's the same kit as the 08/09...i asked JD the same question for my 2010 530 XC-W...

It's the same kit as the 08/09...i asked JD the same question for my 2010 530 XC-W...

Thanks!

you will love it unless you are one of the few guys on the planet who for some unknown reason find fault with them :banana:

Is this as simple as pulling off the end cap and removing the packing in there?

Also, I'm having a jd jet installed, do i need different settings if the restrictor is removed?