hanging idle

i have an 03 yz250f and it has a hanging idle only after i use my hot start then after about 5 min of riding it will go away till i have to use my hot start again and i hear that if your hot start it stuck it will cause a haning idle. i already cleaned out my carb and jets and my valves are good so its not thoes. how do you fix the hot start so its not stuck.

You need to pull it out, clean the bore in the carb where it slides in. I use petrolium jelly to lube mine, probably catch heck for that on here, but works well. The plastic part that screws into the carb is usually a sore spot and eventually strips out. ZipTie racing makes an aluminum replacement that works great.

What you want to do is make sure the cable works freely, so grease it or replace it. Make sure the cable is inserted correctly into the plunger and the spring is in the proper location. If you re-use your existing plunger, it must have a good rubber seal on the bottom. As long as everything is working smoothly, it should work correctly.