Hand Grip Glue

Does anyone know if a good way to glue on the hand grips. Someone told me to use hair spray but that did not work, then spray glue and they are still loose. Do I have to buy some special glue or what?

did you try....grip glue?? ? then you can use wire to secure them.

Hope this helps

+1 You can get grip glue at most dealerships and it is a couple bucks for a tube, its a small tube but it will have enough for several pairs of grips. I believe scott makes the kind I have

I have used spray paint for years and 90% of the time it will last for the life of the grips. Most the time you have to cut the grips off the bars when you want to replace them. Let it setup for 24 hour before you ride. Just an ideal.

fill the grip with a little goof off or gue gone, shake it up for about 20 to 30 seconds pour the extra in the other grip while you install. then wire...this was a tech tip in a dirt bike mag years and years ago...my son and i race and ride a ton and never had a grip even turn....

I use double sided electrical tape wrapped around the bar where the grip goes. Do not overlap the tape. Just wrap it around about 4 or 5 times. Now, spray carb or brake cleaner on the tape and slide the grip over the saturated tape. It will take a few minutes to set. At this time I install safety wire.

You may not like the "full" feel of the grip due to the tape however it is a great fix for the track or trails due to the quick set time.

To all those guys who dont use grip glue and wire, how do they hold up in the wet conditions? Because even with just grip glue when its really wet and muddy they still slip for me.

Have tried scott glue and pro taper glue

I use hair spray and it works great...if you use the cheap stuff. I once used the expensive stuff my wife uses and it did not stick. I went and bought some cheap Aqua Net and I was back in business!

CAMM

I use hair spray and it works great...if you use the cheap stuff. I once used the expensive stuff my wife uses and it did not stick. I went and bought some cheap Aqua Net and I was back in business!

CAMM

thats right gotta use the Aqua-net super ultra mega hold, works like a charm:moon:

I have used spray paint for years and 90% of the time it will last for the life of the grips. Most the time you have to cut the grips off the bars when you want to replace them. Let it setup for 24 hour before you ride. Just an ideal.

i have used spray pain and its worked 100% of the time:ride: