Screwed up when buying bike, anything we can do now?

Wow....that one is on you for not taking the 30 seconds to check. No way in hell I am going to fork over any money before making sure numbers match.

Yeah, no doubt I should have checked it. I've learned a few important lessons during this transaction. On the bright side, I did go to the guys house (because he would still not answer the damn phone) and got a new bill of sale with the correct number on it. He also bought a money order and sent in a lost title form (which I provided) to Oregon DMV. I watched him put the MO in the envelope and drop it in a USPS mail box. I think things might be okay now.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have been working with a lady at a WA DMV, the Honda dealer sent all the original paperwork back to her and now she is trying to help me. After dmv lady trying for a week to call the original owner, only to find she wont answer her phone calls either. So she sent a form to the owner to sign off her interest in the bike along with a self addressed, stamped envelope. So all she needs to do is sign it and put in mailbox. So we are still waiting to see if she does it, I sure do hope so! But in the meantime... 5 weeks later we are still waiting and would sure love to be out there riding!:banana:

Well I have been working with a lady at a WA DMV, the Honda dealer sent all the original paperwork back to her and now she is trying to help me. After dmv lady trying for a week to call the original owner, only to find she wont answer her phone calls either. So she sent a form to the owner to sign off her interest in the bike along with a self addressed, stamped envelope. So all she needs to do is sign it and put in mailbox. So we are still waiting to see if she does it, I sure do hope so! But in the meantime... 5 weeks later we are still waiting and would sure love to be out there riding!?

I wish you the best of luck. You and I both will likely make sure a title is produced before even looking at a bike next time ?. Did the Idaho DMV mention issuing a conditional title if the original owner doesn't sign the papers?