Sign in to follow this  

PWK 36 on a Woods Only RM250?

I see that several folks have put PWK 36 carbs on RMX's with some success. Has anyone done this with a late model RM250 for more low end type off roading? Yes I do know that this is what KTM does with there bikes. If I got an "AG" model from a KX125, cant I just plug the Suzuki TPS sensor and powerjet back in? Are there any drawbacks to skipping the electronics and going with the round top version like a KTM125?

If you have one available it may just be worth a shot, wouldn't hurt to try.

Another concept along the same lines. Get ahold of this guy at the link below and ask about his carb mod. What he does is install a divider plate in the carb outlet that effectively makes your carb "smaller" at lower throttle openings . . . which is when you want the smaller carb. But by retaining the 38mm carb size (and he even bores then if you desire, mine's at 39 mm) you retain the top end power. Now days they make the "Power now" product which is similar. But he can clean up your pilot circuitry, install a finger-adjustable airscrew for fine-tuning, lean your slide a size (cleans up the low end), so what he does is beyond the Power Now. He's been doing this for years on KDX, KTMs, and GasGas, well-proven modification. Recently he has offered it on the Keihin 38mm on the YZ/RM/KX 250s.

Give him a call and ask about it.

www.rb-designs.com