Should I buy a 2009 TE 510?

Hey all, New guy here and looking for knowledge on 09 TE510. I've got a 98 XR 650L gussied up for trail use and a 03 Gas-Gas DE300 for a dirt bike and I'm looking for a crossbreed of the two. Is the 510 the bike? I've had KTM's before, a exc 550 and 440 and wanted a Husky this time. Wisconsin doesn't allow dirt bike conversions or I'd plate the Gas-Gas for the amount of road use it will see.

I'm also a former xr650l owner who recently stepped up to an 09 TE510. I can say that this bike is far superior to the xrl in every way except highway cruising. The TE is great machine but needs some attention in s few areas before it's really ridden. The first thing is a coolant "Y'' should be sourced from uptite racing to replace the weak plastic factory "T". Next is the shifter length it's too short for any foot over a size 9. You can either buy an extended tip from Zipty Racing or mod the foot pegs to set them down and back about 8mm. The power-up kit is a must for the bike to run right (the bike is almost unridable in non-powered up form) however there is some debate as to wether it should be installed before or after break in. Read around and make your own decision on that. Some people complain about mid-stroke harshness on the stock 50mm marzoc forks but I have yet to experience that enough to notice. That being said the bike is a solid good performer with nice suspension and light weight when compared to the xrl. Also the motor is extremely powerful smooth and trackable and with common sense and routine maintanace (often) is known to be proven and reliable. Hope some of this helps.

So....anything to look out for on the 510? Should I have the power up kit installed?..

the bikes are bullet proof....I broke mine in almost verbatim per george at UPTITE Husky....you need to install the power up chip ONLY after you have removed the cat and other restrictive components.

Good job, i've got the 07 450 and it makes me happy, although I seem to be searching for the elusive 7th 8th and 9th gears when i'm on the highway haha, if I get sumo wheels I'll change the gearing but for now I love the gearing in the dirt