Sign in to follow this  

Troubleshooting an electrical problem on Baja Designs Kit.

Hi all,

I have an older Baja Designs dualsport kit on on my '99 XR400. I cannot seem to get the headlight to work. There is not any voltage going to the headlight. I have voltage coming from my stator. The battery charges. My turn signals work. I have checked connections. I dont have a wiring diagram for this application so if anyone has one.... The headlight did work and I also noticed that the power light on the Baja Designs kill switch is not working. Any Ideas on things to try?

Have you done the obvious and checked BOTH filaments of the bulb?

In line fuses?

Connections must be corrosion free. Good grounds.

Any inline relays?

There are a few different wiring diagrams floating around. This one: for more recent kits for bikes with kickstarters.

www.bajadesigns.com/.../Wiring%20Diagrams/Dual%20Sport%20Kit%20Schematic%20-%20New%20(kickstarts)

and these:

http://www.4strokes.com/tech/images/baja_designs_schematic.gif

http://www.4strokes.com/tech/images/baja_designs_wiring.gif

If all else fails, call BD tech support.

The bulb is good. The switch doesn't seem to have power. I guess it's gonna be the tedious way. One section at a time until I find the problem. Thanks for the replies.

I was looking on there but didnt see one. I might just give them a call..

Thanks 3. I didnt see that on there. But its nice today so its time throw it back together and go riding!!

Fixed!!! :thumbsup: It turns out the FET was bad. The newer kits dont have one. The solution was to just remove it . Thanks 3inthedirt for pointing me to the troubleshooting guide.

Glad you got it fixed, mine needs a battery as the lights are virtually non-existent at idle....