Sign in to follow this  

bottom Chain slide ?

I have a 04 525 exc, I was down in Baja last week I was hooking along six gear the rear wheel locks up and I get thrown me on head, I get up collect my $hit, clean out the rocks from my helmet, start trying to figure out what happpened and I find out my chain is locked up against the bottom of the swing arm, pinch up with the bottom chain slde, is this a common problem and is there a fix for this or am I just a lucky one to have this happen too

Dave

never heard of it before. Do you mean the curved piece just below the swing arm bolt near where the kickstand should bolt on?

never heard of it before. Do you mean the curved piece just below the swing arm bolt near where the kickstand should bolt on?

Exactly, I told this story to a guy and he said the same thing happened to his friend on a 950 adventure, I must just be unlucky :thumbsup:

thats a new one. Did the slide come loose and rotate and jam or what happened? Was the chain too loose and it had a slack loop in it and got jammed? Is the case saver/knock down bar still on over the top of the sprocket to help prevent the chain slop?

thats a new one. Did the slide come loose and rotate and jam or what happened? Was the chain too loose and it had a slack loop in it and got jammed? Is the case saver/knock down bar still on over the top of the sprocket to help prevent the chain slop?

I need to check the case saver/knock down bar, I don't think I have one on this bike, I do have one on my other 525 but I don't think the bar on this bike, I'll get back to you