Sign in to follow this  

Fine tune jetting with hotter plug??

In the past I have run a hotter plug if I jetted a little fat as a tuning option. Small bikes crf 80/100, two stroke DS80, and I have had good success.

I am asking because jetting is such a widely discussed topic. Plugs come in many heat ranges and a plugs heat range is rarely mentioned.

Any downsides as long as plug gets the right color? Curious on your thought guys.:thumbsup:

the heat range of the plug is its ability to keep its self clean. if you had jetting on the rich side and it was on the verge of fouling plugs going to hotter plug will help that. however the jetting is still rich.

make sense?

Eddie,

Good explanation yes it make sense. Did not know if there was a downside to doing this. I notice a harder kick and and a little more low end. Thank you for your time....:thumbsup:

from my experience i trail ride a 1987 cr250 stock plug is a BR9 and when i tried that plug i was fouling allll the time  kinda hard to be on the pipe all the time in tight single track so it was fouling i tried a BR8 and its much better havnt fouled a plug since ....jetting is and was fine before i really dont know if its a bad thing or not ?