Sign in to follow this  

Never go to pit pro mx (santa clarita)

I bought my bike (08 crf250r) used with a fresh crank,piston and clutch that pit pro mx built the bike was on display at their store and i bought it and happily went home. Now I'm letting it warm up on my stand and when i take it off there is oil all over the stand! i take it to pit pro they tighten some bolts and say thats all for now. i dealed with the leak, and finally it became to worse so i took it to my mechanic at JD's motorsports (very very very good go to him!!!) and he said that my tranny oil was way low and said that the case needs to be split and re done and he will do it for $450 he called pit pro to see what they did they said they only did a piston, they completely lied to him. they did a crank, piston and clutch but the bike only had about 40 hrs on it when i bought it and so i asked why they did the crank so pre mature the guy (Russ) got all nervous and came up with a answer so my neighbor thinks that something went wrong in the engine and they rebuilt and thats fine IF they put it back together right, but my gasket is in the middle of the engine and im out $450 SO NEVER GO TO PIT PRO MX!!!!!! THEY ARE THE WORST SHOP IN THE WORLD

UPDATE

i called pit pro after talking to my mechanic and the guy russ started getting all mad at me and said it really upsets me when some one takes the bike to another shop and all this bs i called JD told him what he said and he laughed he said the reason why people go here is because we have cheap prices but its good quality work. and now russ from pit pro pretty much told me to piss off

Edited by mxracer55

I can understand your frustration, I have been there a long time ago. Beware of who's "word" you trust. There should be shop records of what they did to your bike, they had to pay there tech, therfore should be a repair order. Ask to see that, and see what they can do for you. You should really try and get them involved, they might be willing to reconcile the issue your having, or maybe cover the parts, or labor, or the whole repair. Depending on how long you have owned it etc...

ya go to the shop, and start demanding some shit

I guess I missed where he demanded anything.:thumbsup:

I don't really understand what is wrong with your bike. The transmission oil is low so you have to split the cases for $450? Did you run the bike low on oil because of the leak?

I don't really understand what is wrong with your bike. The transmission oil is low so you have to split the cases for $450? Did you run the bike low on oil because of the leak?

the tranny oil is leaking from the middle of the engine where the case is

I would have handled it differently. Of course Russ is going to tell you to go pound sand! As far as he's concerned you have a problem w/ the bike you bought at his place, took it to someone else to fix it, and then you start bitching to Russ that you're out $450. You should have taken your bike back to Russ a 2nd time w/ your mechanic and the 3 of you could have figured it out. Before you go shit talking the place, remember there are manufacturing defects, that could be all that's wrong w/ the gasket, or they could be complete idiots.

MAX!!!

• Like 1

I'm with 06yz on this for sure. How can he fix/address the prob when you take it out of his hands... if he is shady then eat the $450 cause better than having him do more work. Take this as a lesson for life.

Advice.

Get your guy to do the repair (your going to have it redone anyways). Take his bill and file it with the small clams court ( JP's office). You will have to explain what was said and of course someone will deny but probably not the salesman that you dealt with....

how can it have 40 hours on it with a bad oil leak? i agree with JohneB. (How can he fix/address the prob when you take it out of his hands... if he is shady then eat the $450 cause better than having him do more work.)

I personally have never taken my bike to PitPro besides to get my fork seals replaced on my 80 a year or so back.... It leaked after the first trip or so(Ride desert only so dust could have been a contributor, a little heavy for the bike, was jumping it fairly far to a flattish landing, and had stock springs that were way to soft) we took the one that was leaking back and then bought seal savers and it seemed to do fine for the rest of the time i had it... besides that ive had them true my wheel and change tires... not enough to tell how good they are but they all seem like good people but i believe it was Russ that seemed to have a little bit of an attitude problem but whatever.... Personally i do not care for PitPro or RPM just from things i have heard and knowing that JD is a great guy and beats most peoples prices, there's no reason to go to the others!

But definitely should have had Russ and JD get together and figured it out before hand! Good luck!

how can it have 40 hours on it with a bad oil leak? i agree with JohneB. (How can he fix/address the prob when you take it out of his hands... if he is shady then eat the $450 cause better than having him do more work.)

yea but pit pro should do it for free and they will have to keep doing it for free until they get it right

A few points to ponder....

New MX bikes have a 30 day warranty, or less.

This is used bike. That does not excuse a leak but ....

When you bought the bike, what did the bill of sale say regarding guarantee/warranty?

i would have handled it differently. Of course russ is going to tell you to go pound sand! As far as he's concerned you have a problem w/ the bike you bought at his place, took it to someone else to fix it, and then you start bitching to russ that you're out $450. You should have taken your bike back to russ a 2nd time w/ your mechanic and the 3 of you could have figured it out. Before you go shit talking the place, remember there are manufacturing defects, that could be all that's wrong w/ the gasket, or they could be complete idiots.
how can it have 40 hours on it with a bad oil leak? I agree with johneb. (how can he fix/address the prob when you take it out of his hands... If he is shady then eat the $450 cause better than having him do more work.)
yea but pit pro should do it for free and they will have to keep doing it for free until they get it right

max!!!

Edited by 06yz

From what I read, he did take it back to Russ, and it didn't get fixed. So he took it to JD. He gave Russ a chance, Russ failed him. Russ made the mistake. :banana:

Screw Russ at Pit Pro. I have had a couple very bad experiences with him and have been boycotting his business for a few years now. He yelled at me too, while demanding extra money for a very simple and easy service that was provided over two weeks late that was paid in full when I dropped the bike off. And then when he finally released the bike to me I discovered that the rear brake had been left disconnected... while I was riding it home. YIKES!

Sloppy work, horrible service, it took them several weeks to do what would have taken me 45 minutes, and then the a-hole has the gall to yell at me and demand more money from me after all of this nonsense.

I am also from Santa Clarita, Canyon Country to be exact, i have never been to pit pro, ive been to jd's on soledad and its a pretty nice shop, guy gave me a few bucks off a bottle of MOTUL just cause i stood in line for a few mintues.

As far as service, i will only use FACTORY MX on sierra hwy blvd, like a half a mile away from sierra and soledad, Ryan there is the best dude ever, he just recently worked on my CRF150F, did a carb rejet, air box mod, and exhaust baffle removel and mod, and a tune up, the bike runs like a champ, i will only go to FACTORY MX from now on, really good guys there.

good luck with the bike dude, and yeah, you always have to go back to the person that did the work and give them a chance to fix the problem.